TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2824-mile Road Trip through "Indian Country"

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dauger, Aug 27, 2016.

1. dauger

dauger Member

Hello my TMC friends.

I wanted to share a post about taking my family on a 2824-mile road trip entirely using my Model S earlier this month:

http://tesla.dauger.com/roadtrip1608/

We visited National Parks (it is the centenary) and numerous points of interest in Utah, Arizona, and Colorado, like Monument Valley, Arches, Bryce, Zion, Antelope Canyon, Mesa Verde, Meteor Crater, and Canyonlands. I documented everything, including the planning and the execution of the trip, including the car and our family along the entire trip. We had a great time! The car and the charging infrastructure (both Supercharger and Destination Charging) performed flawlessly. Please enjoy!

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. thimel

thimel Member

Sounds like a great trip.

3. ElectricTundra

Fun trip (as are others on your blog). Now just to help others coming behind you with reviews in Chargerville

:)

We're heading to Tanzania and Zanzibar in a few months. Enjoyed your take on them.

4. Ormond

Ormond Member

I really liked Kai's Power tools when I used Photoshop.

Great blog!

• Like x 1
  5. dauger

dauger Member

Thanks very much! I was one of the two original programmers who wrote KPT v1 and v2 while working for Kai. We had a great team way back when. The other programmer got his Roadster and Model S before I bought my S, and lurks on these TMC boards too.

6. tmarcc

tmarcc Member

Great log, and an impressive use of Google Maps' customization feature. What a wonderful trip that must have been.

7. ElectricTundra

I totally missed that you were part of Kai's. We're mostly Lightroom with only a bit of Photoshop and recently have been using Affinity much more than Photoshop. Loved Kai's though.

8. dauger

dauger Member

I've updated my log of the trip with scans of the AAA map, a more extended introduction, a few more pictures, and other elements.

Before and immediately after the trip, most people I talk to can't imagine how I could do it, particularly "how do you know where to charge?". I am trying to use the pictures and the details so that the reader feels the reality of the trip, and therefore proving this all-electric solution works in the real world.

Now that my site is complete, I'm thinking about giving Tesla a call about this trip, to suggest that showing a beautiful scenic slower-paced trip like this (rather than race through harsh winter storms in 2014; that did not look fun) is a better way to convince the public to look forward to our all-electric future.

westMittenMonumentValley160808D.jpg

goldenWall160814fb.jpg

• Like x 1
  9. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

I just inhaled your whole trip log. What a great adventure for you and your family, thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Bruce.

• Like x 1
  10. Hendry01

Hendry01 Member

#10 Hendry01, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Thanks for sharing. Always love reading up Tesla road trip.

• Like x 1