Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

285/35/20 F, 335/30/20 R on Plaid, Does it work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By 'work' I mean, will it still fit in the fenders, without rubbing anything? Ordered the plaid with 19s but intending on replacing them, these seem best diameter-wise and I like the idea of 335s in the rear...

Bonus points if it does work, what width/offset would I need? :).

According to this post: Will fitment question for Plaid , they fit 285F/335R with model X wheels of 20x10 +30 and 20x11 +34. I calculate that the fronts would stick out 20mm and be no closer to the suspension, and the rears would stick out 31mm and be 9mm closer on the inside. 11 inch wheel for a 335 seems pretty small, maybe a 12 would be better? If so, would a 20x12 +35 work? I calculate that should stick out 30mm and be 10mm closer, which seems about the same. Thoughts?

not mine, but found this with 335's on the back. Looks tight (and tight!)
EA6D182E-7A5A-499A-AE4A-8B506BC9443F.jpeg

I suspect range will plummet with sticky tires this big. As it is going from 19s to arachnids takes my range down by more than 10%
Do you think that has more to do with the width of tire than the aerodynamic efficiency of the wheel? (ventilation drag). As I understood it the range difference between the tire options for the plaid had more to do with the amount of open airspace in the wheel itself and the turbulence it created, is that wrong?