Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

285/35/22 all around

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in an effort to rotate the tires and get better life out of a set, I’m considering putting 285’s all around on the staggered 22” rims
Has anyone done this? Will they rub? Not interested in the super low suspension setting.

Thanks for your help

not sure if you still need this info, but it won't work.

tires are too wide for the front wheels. Wheel is 9" wide, the tire's range is 9.5-11.

you can however, change the rears to 265/35R22. Wheel width range on that size is 9-10.5", and the rear wheel is 10" wide.

Are you planing on rotating the tires by dismounting them/mounting them back on every single time? If you want to rotate the tires and do it right, it's best to get the same 9" wide wheel for the rear (so that the wheels are no longer staggered).

Last edited:
not sure if you still need this info, but it won't work.

tires are too wide for the front wheels. Wheel is 9" wide, the tire's range is 9.5-11.

you can however, change the rears to 265/35R22. Wheel width range on that size is 9-10.5", and the rear wheel is 10" wide.

Are you planing on rotating the tires by dismounting them/mounting them back on every single time? If you want to rotate the tires and do it right, it's best to get the same 9" wide wheel for the rear (so that the wheels are no longer staggered).[/QUOTE

My plan was to buy an aftermarket set of 22” wheels 22x9.5 for all four corners and install the 285’s. I would rotate the tires like all cars do. I would never dream of rotating by dismounting and mounting tires, too much stress on tire beads and high chance of a scratched rim.