Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

285's or 295's for MYP at front and back/square set up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my local Tesla service center will NEVER touch this car again (as long as I own it) my local tire shop that has done all my alignments for the last 17 years and 8 cars (including my 2 track cars) could not get the rear camber within tesla spec. I’ll be waiting for a vendor sale ( maybe July 4th) and I’ll buy the rear arms. there is no rear adjustment point from the factory they tell you to loosen up the bolts and pry the assembly out and then tighten the bolts.

Last edited:
I just ordered 295/35/21 for my rears and will swap the 275’s to the front wheels.

Anyone done this with the Michelin AS4’s?

Will my 295 rears be too tall? .5” I think

Fits just fine. I did that swap as soon as I got the car. Michelin AS4’S. Rides great, much better than the OEM's. Range does take hit though. The 295's are meaty.

20220407_164252.jpg

20220407_164349.jpg

Reactions: Destiny1701
Fits just fine. I did that swap as soon as I got the car. Michelin AS4’S. Rides great, much better than the OEM's. Range does take hit though. The 295's are meaty.

View attachment 818198

View attachment 818199
Yep did the same. Correct on range hit.
Just did our first small trip and was super to get 485km as left 100%. Ended up with 350km driving 120kph, no fan on even, 18-20c temp.

Garbage. Avg 240wh/km…387wh/mile. Can’t imagine if AC or even regular fan was on.

Ok , have read all I can, seems to me that 285/40/20 wheels should fit front of model y performance as wheel diameter is smaller and with a 40 mm offset plus a 5mm spacer if needed it should clear. The rolling distance is strange as it is very close to that of the 255/35/21 fronts which seem to be about 20 revolutions more than the 275/35/21 rears. 285/35/20 run 18 revs more than the original rears. So have I got it wrong?

What lan

What’s interesting is the .5” variance between front and rear diameter. But on oem 255/275 it’s the same .5” variance.
Hi
I just put on 285/35R20 in a square set up. Wheels are 20x10 with +40 offset. On a stock 2021 Model Y. No rubbing. Hadn't seen anyone confirm it fitting on a stock set up.View attachment 788845View attachment 788846View attachment 788847
Hi, Love the Wheels can you tell me who made them and what they weigh?

As I wrote multiple times, that's not an issue. The offset if it becomes a problem is easily fixed with a slim spacer. You can slap on a ten buck 5mm spacer from amazon w/o needing new studs. That makes it a very easy adjustment. Now what we cannot adjust or fix is that upright knuckle!

Btw, you may not know this but ppl like to throw on 15mm spacers to get that "look" for whatever reason. There's a handful of threads on it. However 15mm spacers require some more thought and studs or clearance for studs etc etc. The 3mm-5mm spacer is no-brainer add-on in contrast.
I know it's late but have found that on some after market runs there is not enough thread left for thin spacers that use existing stund. I only have a total of 8 turns in each nut to start with, just a thought.

I know it's late but have found that on some after market runs there is not enough thread left for thin spacers that use existing stund. I only have a total of 8 turns in each nut to start with, just a thought.
If you've got eight turns, that's the minimum recommended. So I would not recommend putting even just a five millimeter spacer on that. Keep in mind that the 5 mm 'surplus' the above poster is referencing exists only on cars with the performance thin rotor hat. On folks with aftermarket rotors or non-performance rotors there is no 5 mm cushion unless you replace the studs with longer ones ( pretty common modification for track guys though).

Reactions: thesmokingman
Fronts are bit more delicate since you don’t want any rubbing when the wheel is turned. I have a friend with a MYP who has 275/35/21 in the front and it rubs when making parking lot maneuvers, nothing major tho.

For my MYP, I will be doing 265/40/21 and 285/40/21. I want a bit more sidewall to fill in the wheel gap, increase comfort and hopefully increase durability against potholes.
Did 265/40/21 and 285/40/21 work? Or can you do all around 265/40/21 for front and rear

bumping this thread… still getting the itch to attempt a 285/40/20 square with the 20x10 +40 offset. Anyone tried it?

From all the different calculations I’ve looked at, mainly people who are running the 265/40/21 on the fronts… and the 285/35 on a 10.5” wheel… it should fit. But when I look at the clearance under my car at the steering knuckle it makes me nervous lol

Michelin makes the CC2 in 285/40 and I’d love to run that tire on my MYP.

Last edited:
May depend on how actual CC2 is to 29" diameter. With a 20x10 et40 and that tire you may have an issue with the knuckle, or it'll be credit card close lol. Might wanna have some 5mm slip spacers just in case. I have 255 40 21 et35 which is also a 29" diameter tire and it's fine cuz of the offset. Good clearance.

Reactions: ggs gas