Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$29k - 2015 Model S - AP1, Tech, Etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
SOLD.

---

Doing some culling of my personal vehicles.

I have a 2015 Tesla Model S, Blue (old darker blue, not the new one), AP1. It had some front end damage repair that totaled it, but it has a salvage rebuilt title and has been registered, inspected, insured, and on the road for a couple of years now. I've been driving it off and on for a year or so.

VIN 84k. It has some minor dings and scratches, but nothing too crazy. Worst is a scuff on the rear bumper (been there since I got it, haven't bothered dealing with it.) It has a base large rear motor, one of the latest revisions (no milling or clunking or anything so should last a long time). Sunroof, textile white headliner. Black performance leather seats (red piping). Dual chargers (80A). Supercharging works just fine. In fact, everything on this car is fine and works. It's not on Tesla's unsupported list, either, as airbags didn't deploy. (But I'm not going to post the VIN and give them any ideas... heh)

73k miles. (Motor has 40k miles)

It's in Hickory, NC. I can arrange shipping to anywhere in the US at-cost (between ~$300-1200, depending on destination). I have to have full payment for the vehicle before it leaves, however, regardless of how it's shipped/picked up. I'm happy to leave my tags on for you to drive it home.

As it sits, it has a 60 kWh pack that charges to about 185 miles at 100% (~8% degradation). I'd be willing to upgrade it to an 85 pack for a fee after the sale is completed, if that's something the buyer is interested in. Also can do various interior changes or whatever you like, for the most part (can discuss whatever). Furthest sane upgrade path for this car would be 60 to P85... but I'd probably suggest against it overall since there's probably better deals on P85s than this car+upgrade costs (most upgrades don't make sense, really).

Asking $29k as it sits right now. I won't go any lower than that, since at that point I can just part it out. I just would rather someone be able to enjoy it as it sits rather than strip it down for parts. It'd be a private party sale, so you'd have to deal with whatever other taxes/fees/etc required to title/register/insure/whatever. I'm not a dealership.

Great car if you want to get yourself into a Model S quick and cheap. I think it's quite a fair price for it.

I'll take some photos and such later on and update this post if no one gobbles it up quickly. (For some reason I seem to have zero pictures of this car handy).

Last edited:
I purchased this Tesla and just wanted to leave feedback on the seller.
I'm an online seller, and I've dealt with purchasing automobiles and various other larger items online before. wk057 is top notch. He handled everything and made the entire purchase a cakewalk. I had an issue with a door handle a few weeks after I received it, and wk057 is getting me a replacement door handle.
Very great to work with.
Thank you wk057 for helping us get our first Tesla!