Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Electrified Garage has cracked the code.
Currently in Beta Testing. Roll out in 1-2 weeks.
"Ghost Mode" will be $2000.00 and will turn your LR AWD into a Stealth Performance 0-60 3.1 seconds.
Unfort right now seems you have to ship your car to New Hampshire unless between now and then they come up
w a way to do ECU reflash out of the car so we can mail it to them then reinstall. Or even poss buy some sort of re flash tool w the loaded software like some companies offer (apr tuning). They also state it can be returned to stock settings.

Take my money!!!

If you follow their youtube channel you can see where they turned a 75d model s into a p100d and uploaded the source code into the vehicle and worked perfect. Even displayed P100D on the dash and cluster.

EG.jpg

Most certain when Tesla figures this out, they may disable future OTA updates, upgrades, and supercharging for the cracked vehicle.

Agree. But I’m on the team of progression and hope that independent tuners find ways around this. I like watching people try to push the true limits of vehicles. Manufacturers always leave some on the table (for obvious reasons).

hmm 2000 dollars for the acceleration boost or 2000 dollars for a slightly faster performance boost with complete loss of warranty and possible loss of updates from tesla
According to them can be fully reverted back to stock. Sounds like what most software update companies are doing where you can just reflash back to stock when taking in for service.

Cool they were able to do this, but extremely risky mod to make. Pay $2000 for either a temporary boost and/or excommunication from Tesla's network and warranty system.

Unless someone is happy with their car exactly the way it is and never supercharges, it's probably a bad idea.

Cool they were able to do this, but extremely risky mod to make. Pay $2000 for either a temporary boost and/or excommunication from Tesla's network and warranty system.

Unless someone is happy with their car exactly the way it is and never supercharges, it's probably a bad idea.
Exactly. Why not just purchase the boost from Tesla at the same price and not risk voiding warranty/support.

Reactions: sorphin and TX_M3P+
Still a BAD investment since Tesla could cut it off the day after you buy it.

This is one of the reasons I might get rid of my Model 3. I totally understand Tesla pushing updates and whatnot while the car is under warranty. Once it's out of warranty they should not have full control of the car without the drivers permission. Just my thoughts.

do you know how much information that tesla has on our cars/driving habits? there's no "reverting back to stock" here

Thats the thing, isnt it? All modern cars capture all this data, BUT very few have a "in time, live" update to the manufacturer basically at all times. In modern cars, if the dealer (remember, you are dealing with a dealer not the MFR in most cases) either did not think, or did not choose to look (or report that they looked), they could provide warranty work, etc.

No one who is under any sort of warranty should consider something like this, since all data is sent to tesla almost real time. There is no "reverting to stock" as @skinsfan said... at least not in any way that would mean anything. You better believe if you have any true expensive warranty repair (such as, lets say, replacement of a battery) that tesla IS going to look at all the information... and unlike a dealer who just wants to get paid for warranty work, so might "overlook" running some tests, thats not going to happen with tesla.

If this was free (like it is basically for the people doing it, costing their development time), they obviously have the know how to do without tesla. There is no way I would pay for this until I was:

1. Outside of ALL warranties including battery warranties
2. Comfortable that I was willing to be blacklisted from telsa for service (that there was applicable third party service who could fully service my car, including all work needed.

Are those chances worth a difference between 3.7 - 3.5 0-60 and 3.2 to 3.1 0-60 for the exact same money? I cant see how anyone under warranty would consider it at all, unless they are competent enough to root their car, and perform all the work themselves, and comfortable with points 1 and 2.

This is one of the reasons I might get rid of my Model 3. I totally understand Tesla pushing updates and whatnot while the car is under warranty. Once it's out of warranty they should not have full control of the car without the drivers permission. Just my thoughts.
Keep in mind this is not a Tesla thing but a software licensing thing. Almost all manufactures of all types of products from passenger jets to TV's the software is owned by the company. It is just that Tesla is almost completely controlled by software. As other cars move to more software controls and become EV the same licensing limitations will apply.

Farmers can’t legally fix their own John Deere tractors due to copyright laws

The $2,000 you pay to Tesla is also including the calculated expenses that Tesla is expecting they may incur from additional warranty covered failures. I seriously doubt that the $2,000 hack is also going to provide a warranty to cover warranty denied driveline failures. Problem is that the time to have the boosted performance is under warranty anyway. Once the car is past the 4/50 warranty it is smarter not to hammer your car because if there is a weak link, hammering the car is going to break that weak link and cost $$$. I’m sure the 8 year battery drivetrain warranty is also voided if you are hacking more performance than you paid for. It’s just like hacking FSD, Tesla spent the money to put the hardware there but if you hack it you are still stealing services.