Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in other words this cheaper 990 motor can't go to P performance levels ? So this would mean that the $2000 boost upgrade which as I understand it works on all dual motor Long range Vehicles takes that system to its top output and it can Go-no-further ? Does this mean that Electric Garage can't sell its performance hack on those cars?

Correct. They say so right in the product description too

EG said:
It's available only for Dual Motor with a specific motor, to see if you have the right one, look through your left rear wheel (driver side) and take a picture of the code on the motor. You'll then be able to zoom it and to see the code. 1120980 : Good job, you can have the update! 1120990 : Sorry, better luck next time!

That's the stage 2 version that gives you P performance.

Their stage 1 is basically the same as the $2000 boost Tesla sells for all AWD cars and works on both 980 and 990 cars.

• Informative
Reactions: dfwatt
It seems the plaque on my rear drive unit is devoid of any markings indicating the model of the drive unit. My Model 3 DM is built October 2018. Anyone know why the plaque is empty?

Attachments

• 20201015_113122.jpg
    20201015_113122.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 210
  • Helpful
Reactions: MattChristian
There was a batch like that in the big drive unit thread, AFAIK they're all 980... (I believe the one guy with a 12/31/18 build date is the first/earliest 990 example out there, with most appearing in the first half of 2019, and the last 980 built car I can recall being sometime summer of 19)

Cliff notes:
1. Boost is ONLY front motor. Past and present for all AWD 3 and Y. Non P.
2. 980 was used for all AWD cars including P back then before 2019. We all knew it was software locked based on parts catalog.
3. ELON lied about inverters to make the P feel special before 2019.
4. 980 rear DU motors are only on P cars now 2019+. 990 is for AWD non P.

Good summary with 2 clarifications/exceptions:

980 rear DU was used on at least the early 2020 Model Y production LR AWD cars (don't know when they switched to 990s, but it was obviously much later than the 3 did)

980->990 switch on the Model 3 AWD was 2019, but exactly when is a hard target... there's a couple folks who got deliveries as early as January 2019 with 990s, and folks who got deliveries as late as July 2019 I think with 980s.... (for the first few months of '19 in particular it seemed like nearly all the 990 reports were from Europe and almost none in the US- but again we've got small sample sizes here so hard to know for sure what exactly happened when with that)

Oh, and on the "front motor only" bit- not quite correct- from WUGZ canbus readings-
  • Front motor peak power increased from 139.5 kW to 175.5 kW (+25.8%) and peak torque increased from 185.5 Nm to 232.25 Nm (+25.2%)

• Rear motor peak power decreased from 231 kW to 221 kW (-4.3%) while peak torque increased from 318.5 Nm to 333 Nm (+4.5%)

Good summary with 2 clarifications/exceptions:

980 rear DU was used on at least the early 2020 Model Y production LR AWD cars (don't know when they switched to 990s, but it was obviously much later than the 3 did)

980->990 switch on the Model 3 AWD was 2019, but exactly when is a hard target... there's a couple folks who got deliveries as early as January 2019 with 990s, and folks who got deliveries as late as July 2019 I think with 980s.... (for the first few months of '19 in particular it seemed like nearly all the 990 reports were from Europe and almost none in the US- but again we've got small sample sizes here so hard to know for sure what exactly happened when with that)

Oh, and on the "front motor only" bit- not quite correct- from WUGZ canbus readings-
  • Front motor peak power increased from 139.5 kW to 175.5 kW (+25.8%) and peak torque increased from 185.5 Nm to 232.25 Nm (+25.2%)

• Rear motor peak power decreased from 231 kW to 221 kW (-4.3%) while peak torque increased from 318.5 Nm to 333 Nm (+4.5%)
I did not know about the Y receiving 980 motors so that’s cool. I tried to be brief hence said cliff notes but thanks for taking the time to expand.

Reactions: V__2
I did not know about the Y receiving 980 motors so that’s cool. I tried to be brief hence said cliff notes but thanks for taking the time to expand.

Honestly I was surprised by it too... I figured the 990 was "proven" so they'd launch the LR AWD with it- but apparently not. Didn't follow when it switched over so I dunno how many 980 Ys AWDs exist.... but since it's unlikely there's ever gonna be a full P unlock I don't know that it really matters.... (other than I guess it means there's a small # of Y owners that'd be able to install the stage 2 ghost upgrade I guess)

Took it to the track this past Sunday. Due to complications getting into the actual place - wasting precious charge and arriving kind of late in the day with little time to run before the track closed down, I only had time to get to 90% before doing a few passes. My best was 11.33 @ 116.88 mph. It's interesting how my trap speed is actually 3 or 4 mph slower than when I was just an AWD+. I think with 95% or higher I could break into the 11.2's. Sorry no video. Maybe next time. :)

PXL_20201018_223801057.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20201018_223814299.jpg
    PXL_20201018_223814299.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Took it to the track this past Sunday. Due to complications getting into the actual place - wasting precious charge and arriving kind of late in the day with little time to run before the track closed down, I only had time to get to 90% before doing a few passes. My best was 11.33 @ 116.88 mph. It's interesting how my trap speed is actually 3 or 4 mph slower than when I was just an AWD+. I think with 95% or higher I could break into the 11.2's. Sorry no video. Maybe next time. :)

View attachment 600387
Wait, you were trapping 119-120 with just the Accel boost?

I see/remember you having a bit of weight savings, but still, damn. I trapped 116 full weight on 19's at 80%.

I'm curious for those who have timed their cars at the drag strip. Are there Tesla superchargers at these locations? How are you all figuring out charging logistics to make it there, do multiple runs, and then make it back home with enough charge?
My track is about 30 miles from my house, I charged tp 95%, drove there, was at 84%ish, by the time I got through the line, and everything, my first pass I was at 82%, 2nd pass 81%, 3rd pass 80%, drove home and was at about 68%ish left, plenty.

• Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801
Wait, you were trapping 119-120 with just the Accel boost?

I see/remember you having a bit of weight savings, but still, damn. I trapped 116 full weight on 19's at 80%.

Indeed I was. Which makes me wonder about the Dragtimes video where Brooks raced his P3 against an AWD+ and from a 60 roll, the AWD+ was slowly pulling. Maybe the software limit's the P3 on the top end some? Not really sure. It's a little perplexing.

I'm curious for those who have timed their cars at the drag strip. Are there Tesla superchargers at these locations? How are you all figuring out charging logistics to make it there, do multiple runs, and then make it back home with enough charge?

I can't speak for others but my guess is that the vast majority tracks don't actually have charging stations. I'd wager probably less than 1% do. The one I regular has 4 Tesla destination chargers right at the end of the pits so it works out great but I'm only able to arrive there around 83% after 100% from the nearest SC so I have to wait about an hour to charge before I hit the strip. A few hundred feet from the charger and I'm in the staging lanes though.

PXL_20201018_214944586.jpg

I now have this mod. Everything turned out great and the car is performing flawlessly.

A few nice things:

- Ingenext now offers this as a DIY kit so no bringing it to EG (though I love them)

Cheers from a satisfied customer.
This is great news. I've been in touch with them myself. I have the 980 on our Model Y. I was going to do the $2,000 tesla boost upgrade however, knowing there is potential for 150HP, It's hard not to think about doing it. Please keep us updated. Money in the bank. May wait for a ghost Christmas present. BTW. Wasn't following what all those com ports were on the picture of the ghost plug. What were they used for?

What do you mean when you were just an AWD+? What are you now? Haven’t kept up with the forums lately :)

He bought the stage 2 kit that essentially tells the car it's a P- though you don't get track mode (you get a lesser driving mode that disables traction control but maintains ABS and power Steering you can toggle).

Also updates from Tesla are blocked.... (the kit maker will do 2 of them remotely for you for free with purchase of the kit- then it's $75 per update after that)

GHOST UPGRADE DIY

He bought the stage 2 kit that essentially tells the car it's a P- though you don't get track mode (you get a lesser driving mode that disables traction control but maintains ABS and power Steering you can toggle).

Also updates from Tesla are blocked.... (the kit maker will do 2 of them remotely for you for free with purchase of the kit- then it's $75 per update after that)

GHOST UPGRADE DIY

ahh, thanks. I didn’t realize they found a way to install and update remotely. Even more interesting is the higher trap speed with AWD+.

Just got this and it is totally legit. Took about 1.5 hours total to install. My drive is so much more fun now. Dragy results are on 20s and all season 550 treadwear tires. Even so the delta is truly .5 seconds. SOC at 80ish. Wasn’t really trying for time but it was the first result produced. Runs were on an incline so I’m sure a flat road would produce better numbers.
F60079E0-F11E-4050-9723-14521ADB1F1A.png
27C40C55-EE09-4DE7-A0A7-9777593F6ECA.png

Last edited:
For those on the fence about ghost..don’t be anymore. They have solved the problem of updates. Once you install...you can forget about worrying about it. Update away! Also running a BF special on Monday.

Last edited: