Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For one- as you cite above- Damage caused by ANY aftermarket part- even a direct replacement of one that came on the car- can allow the dealer to disclaim warranty for that specific damage

This is true, however, in this case, they would have to prove that the part caused the damage. Since it's a drop-in part, the consumer has a stronger case.

For power-adder type modifications, it's tougher case for the consumer as the dealer could easily blame the mod for causing other issues.

Obviously, a new header isn't going to cause your A/C to stop working, but if the tranny fails, they can blame that mod and will probably prevail in court.

Of course, not every case is the same and people get away with mods all the time because of dealers that are 'tolerant'. I myself have gotten away with power-adder mods to one of my previous cars because the service advisor was a nice guy. When he left, things changed.

This is true, however, in this case, they would have to prove that the part caused the damage. Since it's a drop-in part, the consumer has a stronger case.

For power-adder type modifications, it's tougher case for the consumer as the dealer could easily blame the mod for causing other issues.

Obviously, a new header isn't going to cause your A/C to stop working, but if the tranny fails, they can blame that mod and will probably prevail in court.

Of course, not every case is the same and people get away with mods all the time because of dealers that are 'tolerant'. I myself have gotten away with power-adder mods to one of my previous cars because the service advisor was a nice guy. When he left, things changed.

Thats sort of what I was talking about up thread. A regular "Car Dealer" (every brand that does not sell direct) doesnt have a lot of incentive to enforce that type of thing, unless forced to by the manufacturer. they (the car dealer) just wants to get paid for the warranty work, and they know that if you dont have to pay, you will likely sign off on it.

Unless the manufacturer makes the dealer pull extensive logs and codes, many times they will look the other way, especially if they have "a relationship" with the customer (customer bought the car or multiple cars there, isnt a jerk etc). Tesla, on the other hand, is not trying to get paid warranty work from the manufacturer because they are the manufacturer, so they have an inherent stake in reducing these claims if possible (unlike a dealer who doesnt really have a stake in that).

Thats sort of what I was talking about up thread. A regular "Car Dealer" (every brand that does not sell direct) doesnt have a lot of incentive to enforce that type of thing, unless forced to by the manufacturer. they (the car dealer) just wants to get paid for the warranty work, and they know that if you dont have to pay, you will likely sign off on it.

Unless the manufacturer makes the dealer pull extensive logs and codes, many times they will look the other way, especially if they have "a relationship" with the customer (customer bought the car or multiple cars there, isnt a jerk etc). Tesla, on the other hand, is not trying to get paid warranty work from the manufacturer because they are the manufacturer, so they have an inherent stake in reducing these claims if possible (unlike a dealer who doesnt really have a stake in that).
Yep, and given the module taps into the electrical system, it opens the door for Tesla to blame it for things it may not have caused.

The takeaway here is, don't rely on the MMWA for protection when it comes to mods. Take the module out before a dealer visit to be on the safe side.

I had been waiting for Tesla to release a paid performance boost for SR+ but it seemed like it would never happen. I just saw recently that Ingenext released a performance boosting module for SR/SR+ that have the 980 rear motor. Mine is a April '19 build, so I'm pretty sure I have it but need to confirm.

BOOST SR FOR TESLA MODEL 3

Has anybody ordered this? Issues installing it? Overall feeling that it is worth the money?

Based on the small amount of reactions I have found online I think it's worth it for me and will probably order it as soon as I confirm I have a 980 motor on my car.

EDIT: Only discussion I could find already on TMC was this thread in the UK sub-forum, and no one commented directly on the performance aspect which is mainly what I'm interested in.
I have the ghost and told my friend to get it for his SR. This is his reaction. It is basically the LR power in the SR. Also I personally have had 3 service appointments (mobile) and they didn’t remote diagnose anything or have said anything. If you physically go into Tesla service I would remove...otherwise they won’t know. All the hardware is capable for the software power. Nothing is over Tesla’s software in terms of power. It’s just copied and paste from the most powerful Tesla into the least powerful one that has the equal hardware of said model. There is a savings code floating somewhere from Ingenext but it’s not as good as their holiday sales like Black Friday.

09B59E91-AF2F-43C3-8CAD-2B5050456100.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the ghost and told my friend to get it for his SR. This is his reaction. It is basically the LR power in the SR. Also I personally have had 3 service appointments (mobile) and they didn’t remote diagnose anything or have said anything. If you physically go into Tesla service I would remove...otherwise they won’t know. All the hardware is capable for the software power. Nothing is over Tesla’s software in terms of power. It’s just copied and paste from the most powerful Tesla into the least powerful one that has the equal hardware of said model. There is a savings code floating somewhere from Ingenext but it’s not as good as their holiday sales like Black Friday.

View attachment 651182
I don't know how you can even remotely claim that SR can become the same power as LR...
LR is dual motor only for a long time now + SR battery gets less power since it's smaller. You're misleading newcomers.

I don't know how you can even remotely claim that SR can become the same power as LR...
LR is dual motor only for a long time now + SR battery gets less power since it's smaller. You're misleading newcomers.
I am not misleading anyone. You can speak to ingenext themselves. The SR power is lesser than the LR from Tesla as well as battery capacity but the ingenext module makes the output of the SR the same as the LR. Ingenext is essentially copying the code and placing it into a lesser car. If you think I’m speaking about LRAWD then no I am not saying at all that software in the AWD is in the SR.

You can exactly see the 50hp in this video from MPP which they promote their module to make...50hp.

So, I’m clearly late to the party... Why doesn’t Tesla just give the option for SR+ owners to buy a boost? There is an option for LR owners to purchase a boost, no? I’m sure plenty of SR+ owners will be good with paying 2k or so to have a 0-60 in 4.5 or so.

So, I’m clearly late to the party... Why doesn’t Tesla just give the option for SR+ owners to buy a boost? There is an option for LR owners to purchase a boost, no? I’m sure plenty of SR+ owners will be good with paying 2k or so to have a 0-60 in 4.5 or so.
Long story short...letting owners upgrade to higher power levels cannibalizes sales of higher models. The “Tesla boost” is essential a half step for AWD owners to P levels and only revises the front motor....not rear. The rear motor is where Tesla would have to admit the 980 DU motor is a detuned DU that was cookie cutter across all Tesla models SR, LR, LRAWD, P which we all have known from the beginning looking at the Tesla EPC.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Long story short...letting owners upgrade to higher power levels cannibalizes sales of higher models. The “Tesla boost” is essential a half step for AWD owners to P levels and only revises the front motor....not rear. The rear motor is where Tesla would have to admit the 980 DU motor is a detuned DU that was cookie cutter across all Tesla models SR, LR, LRAWD, P which we all have known from the beginning looking at the Tesla EPC.
I figured it has to do with hurting the LR Model’s. I remember when I got my SR+ and I complained that Tesla should’ve offered the premium audio and fog lights to people who wanted those options(Who were willing to pay for them).I had a few posters saying “You can’t expect Tesla to give you everything in a SR+ that’s in the LR.” Well, lone and behold, the Model Y SR came with everything in a LR minus the range and a bit of speed. It came with fog lights, heated rear seats, premium audio and whatever else is in it. Tesla pulled the plug on that, which I believe had more to do hurting the SR+ than it had to with Elon saying it didn’t meet his requirements.

Here’s an idea. Get rid of the SR+(Then introduce the boost) lower the LR a little bit and we all win! Then reintroduce the SR+ with a refresh down the road(With no boost).

You’re welcome, Elon.

You're not misleading intentionally, but you are. There is no RWD LR sold and smaller battery has lower power output across charge range. But without my comments somebody new who reads your reply might think that they can get LR performance from SR and buy cheaper car. They can't.

You're not misleading intentionally, but you are. There is no RWD LR sold and smaller battery has lower power output across charge range. But without my comments somebody new who reads your reply might think that they can get LR performance from SR and buy cheaper car. They can't.
If it read that way on your end then I apologize.

To the others that have an SR looking into wanting more power...watch the MPP video. Your power / torque is the lower line. With the module it will match the line in the video which is an LR RWD. Good luck and happy modding!

Reactions: Mash

Interesting. I know nothing about the details so it is interesting to hear the Tesla boost only affects the front motor. I got the $2000 boost on my LR AWD two days after I bought it because I decided I wanted the car to have its full "Tesla approved" potential. The DragTimes video helped convince me as I trust Brooks: he does some fair testing. It looks like the P jumps ahead a couple cars in 0-60 but the LR AWD + Boost might actually have a slight advantage from 60-120. Why? The P has a .4 second advantage over the LR AWD+ to 60 (3.1 vs 3.5) but by the end of the 1/4 mile, the P is only .2 seconds ahead (11.6 vs 11.8) and the LR AWD+ actually traps a hair faster in MPH. Meaning: LR AWD+ reeled in a couple tenths of that .4 advantage in the 1/4.

Mike

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
Interesting. I know nothing about the details so it is interesting to hear the Tesla boost only affects the front motor. I got the $2000 boost on my LR AWD two days after I bought it because I decided I wanted the car to have its full "Tesla approved" potential. The DragTimes video helped convince me as I trust Brooks: he does some fair testing. It looks like the P jumps ahead a couple cars in 0-60 but the LR AWD + Boost might actually have a slight advantage from 60-120. Why? The P has a .4 second advantage over the LR AWD+ to 60 (3.1 vs 3.5) but by the end of the 1/4 mile, the P is only .2 seconds ahead (11.6 vs 11.8) and the LR AWD+ actually traps a hair faster in MPH. Meaning: LR AWD+ reeled in a couple tenths of that .4 advantage in the 1/4.

Mike
And there is this stealth vs boost comparison...closer comparison by not using a performance model in mix. My Stealths 0-60 is 3.0 seconds...it is 2020 model with the 18 aero wheels but not sure why it would be faster than their 0-60 numbers. Maybe that perf bump Tesla did in late 2019 over the air helped? In any case doesn’t really matter...the $2000 upgrade cost to a stealth was an easy choice although a bit hard on my tires :)

If you read about the 980 motor and all the threads, Tesla EPC, the 990 rear DU introduction in late 2019/2020 and the term “stealth” among the 3 and Y variants you’ll know that everything is software locked by Tesla and programmed into the DU for power output. Tesla boost is only front motor which remains unchanged through every single year and model of the 3 and Y. That’s why everyone can buy it. Ingenext unlocks rear DU for RWD and front and rear DU for AWD models on the 980 motor. P models from the beginning and now will always have a 980 no matter what.

The questions came about when an LRAWD owner saw he had a 980 motor and also when people took delivery of a P and got and LRAWD. Tesla changed it right on the spot in 30 mins. Multiple reports of it.

I'm pretty new to all this so I'm a bit confused on the 980/990 motor thing. I have a 2021 LR AWD so I'm guessing I have the "less capable" 990 rear DU? Does that mean that the stealth performance wouldn't work in my car due to the 990 rear DU?

Mike

I'm pretty new to all this so I'm a bit confused on the 980/990 motor thing. I have a 2021 LR AWD so I'm guessing I have the "less capable" 990 rear DU? Does that mean that the stealth performance wouldn't work in my car due to the 990 rear DU?

Mike
Yes and correct. Only 2017/2018/and super early 2019 had 980s. 2020 model Y had it too and that’s super super rare. I think the first 20k cars produced were offered as stealths.

View attachment 651182
Ordered a Boost SR last week since I have a 2020 SR+ with a 980 motor. Super hyped to try it out. I'd definitely be interested if Tesla offered an acceleration boost for the SR+, but they don't. (and won't since they are using 990s in the SR+ now) So I'm glad that this at least provides this option over the expense and hassle of swapping for a LR AWD.

Ordered a Boost SR last week since I have a 2020 SR+ with a 980 motor. Super hyped to try it out. I'd definitely be interested if Tesla offered an acceleration boost for the SR+, but they don't. (and won't since they are using 990s in the SR+ now) So I'm glad that this at least provides this option over the expense and hassle of swapping for a LR AWD.

Would love to hear your experience once you install it. I have a 2020 SR+ manufactured in 11/19, and I haven't checked the rear motor yet. What manufacture date does your SR+ have?