Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2k boost upgraded Model 3 does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and gives my Model 3 Performance a really hard time from a roll....

The first two pulls, it appears the awd+ Gets the jump. You don’t see the p3d squat until after the awd+ starts pulling away. In the second race....how fast are you going when the p3d is starting to close the gap?

basically if you have the awd....I think the upgrade is def worth the 2k.

Reactions: m3nc250
The AWD boost adds about 50hp
All good now advise you insurance company and pay those extra cost for a 2k tiny power increase. Remember to order replacement tyres earlier as well.

51AF462D-65C0-46ED-A306-B8CAAF974CC6.gif

This might be enough to convince me I really don't need the performance Model 3 for that occasional time I might set it to track mode.

The Acceleration Boost upgrade for $2000 USD does not include the track mode setting. It would be nice for Tesla to release that as another upgrade, but that's just wishing. If you want the track mode setting, you'll need to get a Performance version Model 3.

The Acceleration Boost upgrade for $2000 USD does not include the track mode setting. It would be nice for Tesla to release that as another upgrade, but that's just wishing. If you want the track mode setting, you'll need to get a Performance version Model 3.

That was my point. Track mode is the only factor that would convince me to go with the Performance Model 3. Lift off oversteer sounds like a blast. Don't need bigger brakes (though they look cool), and can always add an aftermarket spoiler for cheap. The acceleration boost gets that 0-60 time down low enough for me.

• Love
Reactions: CitiesSprinter
How many more threads do we need on this same topic? Or on this same video?

Yes... All videos from fiksegts are needed. You dont get spammed half way through and absolutely no ummm hmmmm (butt dyno) it seems kind of faster.

Most of us dont even click on majority of the others. It's just click bait or not an honest opinion with some testing Teslas at 10% charge in -10C weather.

Reactions: GSP
Well I think the best bang for the buck is still the P3- because by paying the 2k upfront you get the full P power as well as track mode. If you already have an AWD though I would pony up the 2k for the accel only.

Agreed, if you are only looking for straight line acceleration. However, if you plan to track the car or do some canyon carving then the tires and brakes on the P- should really be upgraded. Look at the lateral grip and braking differences with the 18s and the factory Primacy tires vs. the Performance PS4 tires and beefier brakes.

The P+ will stop from 70mph in 147 feet, whereas the P- needs 176 feet with the Primacy tires and standard brakes. From a lateral grip perspective the P+ can pull .95g, where the P- with the 18s drops to .84g. This is a significant difference if you appreciate cornering and braking but most folks only care about quick acceleration bursts and the P- is fine for that, in fact probably the best for this task with its lighter wheels.

The P- is a great option if you plan to do aftermarket brakes, wheels and tires and maybe some suspension mods but plan on spending $3-4k+ for a big brake kit (rotors, calipers, pads), and good set of performance tires will run $1200-$1500 a set, plus some 19" lighter, preferably forged wheels. So, when folks say the P- is the best bang for the buck, I say yes if you are satisfied with the standard brakes and tires. Otherwise, you are going to be at P+ money very quickly once you factor in upgraded parts and labor.

2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance Rules the Passing Lane

• Informative
Reactions: TheDom