Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd/3rd row creaky floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone's floor board in the third row creak real bad? Mine does if I put any weight on it.. See picture
5F18D8CF-8CAF-43D4-8528-896D6A805522.jpeg

Hi @Rinzler081 ,

That cover is very thin plywood...
It is not rated for a person or very much weight...

Check your owner's manual for maximum weight.

It may be broken.
If not and you want more carrying capacity
without the creaking - You may want to reinforce it.
BEWARE it is supported by some light plastic parts.
If you add too much weight these may be broken.

Good luck,

Shawn

Hi @Rinzler081 ,

That cover is very thin plywood...
It is not rated for a person or very much weight...

Check your owner's manual for maximum weight.

It may be broken.
If not and you want more carrying capacity
without the creaking - You may want to reinforce it.
BEWARE it is supported by some light plastic parts.
If you add too much weight these may be broken.

Good luck,

Shawn
Thank you.. this is the floor right where a person in the third row would rest their feet.. Curious how it wouldn't hold that much weight if a person has to step in and out of it to sit down/stand up..

Still at the server center... sigh
They told me when I dropped off the car this was a similar issue that some model 3's had.. I did a little searching around and I guess it's some seal or seal like material that is missing.
Ahh good to know, I looked up the M3 issues and definitely is what I'm hearing with my X

Sad part, it looks like no fix and we'll just have to deal with it.

I finally received my car back. They fed me the same bull *sugar*. Anyone else have an update?
Still have yet to get my car back, still trying to fix my squealing left hand 2nd row seat. They did inform me that the floor noise we are experiencing is "normal"

Was told the fix is the same as model 3 fix and the battery would have to be dropped. Also, it wouldn't be covered under warranty and would be an out of pocket expense

How come your X was in the SC for that long just for them to tell you that?

Still have yet to get my car back, still trying to fix my squealing left hand 2nd row seat. They did inform me that the floor noise we are experiencing is "normal"

Was told the fix is the same as model 3 fix and the battery would have to be dropped. Also, it wouldn't be covered under warranty and would be an out of pocket expense

How come your X was in the SC for that long just for them to tell you that?
Thanks for the update.. I had a list of items from my delivery day. Parts took forever supposedly.

Why would it not be covered under warranty?

Thanks for the update.. I had a list of items from my delivery day. Parts took forever supposedly.

Why would it not be covered under warranty?
Not covered because it's "noise" and not something operational is what they told me. One of my to do list was the yellow border on my infotainment.

Since my X was there for 2 months, the manager agreed today to replace it with a new screen as goodwill. Still would like the noise gone but a new screen will do lol