Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd HV battery replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 3 page quote. Giggle. Front end alignment. Tire repair.
But the quote had zero warranty information. One guy on here said he got 4 yr warranty offer. I asked if that is in writing.
The Tesla business model totally excludes any car out of warranty. It's documented on here. Zero NEW replacement parts.
Second, their engineering model totally no upgradable cars. Meaning, they cannot or will not figure out a reasonable way to make a upgrade kit to the new standard 100kw pack. With NEW pack.
Solution is there will be successful shops who can afford to buy up all wreaked cars. Then, who can remove a pack. Find the bad parts, replace them, return the car to service till old parts go bad.
It poses challenges for us with cars old and out of warranty. I hope someone comes up with reasonable repairs that last.

Your are correct, that's the original. I got warranty replacements,. Not same subject.
Now guys are getting anything from one year to 4. I just read a guy paid 14k, got 4 year warranty. I asked if that was in writing?? It's strange, guy this am says he got 4 yr, my SC says one year.
That's my point, has anyone paying for replacement pack got it on paper what they got for warranty???

Oh, and if your car drives right now, but is having BMS errors (intermittent or not)... honestly, just stop driving it. You'll want to keep it movable under its own power for easier (cheaper) transport loading and get it fixed sooner rather than later instead of letting it completely die and be stuck having to deal with INOP transport costs.

could not agree more. moving/transporting a bricked Tesla is really really un-fun. plus, half the tow operators have no clue what to do with your Model S, especially the older models.

Reactions: OrbiterTI4
could not agree more. moving/transporting a bricked Tesla is really really un-fun. plus, half the tow operators have no clue what to do with your Model S, especially the older models.
Yep. In a lot of cases we've found it's best to coordinate directly with a local flat bed outfit to haul the vehicle to their holding lot, then have a transport carrier pickup the vehicle from there where the tow company can assist with loading.

In the event we can't roll a vehicle, we have a large wheel loader fitted with custom-made forks specifically built for safely handling completely inoperable Tesla vehicles without causing any damage. Can usually pull them right off of a transport trailer from any direction.

Machine itself is a little aged, but for what we use it for it works great. Can lift a Tesla a few stories in the air with no problem. 😂 Having tons of space and 26'ceilings in our shop helps a lot, too.

20210101_125607.jpg