Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Life for Your Battery PAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many others have considered plans to keep and use your battery PAC after it reaches the end of its useful car life. I have a solar panel system and would like to use the old PAC for storing power for night use. I know Tesla has a current system for this now but will they have a system available based on these car pac's? I've also considered they may have a core charge of some type if you don't turn them back in. Thoughts?

I fully plan on mounting my old pack and use it as part of a grid tie system. At the very least I would charge it at night with crazy low ToU rates, and discharge during daytime peak rates.

I was actually talking to someone at work about what would happen if I needed a new battery. And they were asking if I would try to use my battery in this manner.

Hopefully that is 10+ years down the road though.

Four, five years in and Roadster owners are still a long way from even considering such a thing. With a doubling of energy every 10 years and a drop in prices maybe buying new cells will make more sense?