Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Row automatically reclining without touching the button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is an odd one. I have a 7 seater and I've noticed when driving around with just passengers in the 2nd row, everything is fine. But when I put my 6 year old in the 3rd row and slide the 2nd row forward, while we're driving, the 2nd row (on the driver's side) will engage the recline motor automatically. At first I thought my teenager was playing with the recline button, but I confirmed today that he definitely isn't.

During a 30 min drive with the 2nd row slightly forward, I heard the seat motor engage probably a dozen times, and since someone was sitting in the seat, it just reclined automatically.

I have no idea if I'll be able to replicate this for a service advisor, but... wish me luck. I'm going to schedule an appointment.

This is an odd one. I have a 7 seater and I've noticed when driving around with just passengers in the 2nd row, everything is fine. But when I put my 6 year old in the 3rd row and slide the 2nd row forward, while we're driving, the 2nd row (on the driver's side) will engage the recline motor automatically. At first I thought my teenager was playing with the recline button, but I confirmed today that he definitely isn't.

During a 30 min drive with the 2nd row slightly forward, I heard the seat motor engage probably a dozen times, and since someone was sitting in the seat, it just reclined automatically.

I have no idea if I'll be able to replicate this for a service advisor, but... wish me luck. I'm going to schedule an appointment.
This has happened to us many times. Did you get your issue resolved with a service advisor? My kids don't touch bottom trigger at all. Usually reclines when there is weight on there for some odd reason.