Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Row Cup Holders from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think $150 is a reasonable price (though unclear about the concept and how it'll work) if the build quality is good and also because at a service center they'll be attaching this securely somehow (maybe via bolts).

dude ... it's a CUP HOLDER (and a terrible one at best)

it's no wonder why half the world hates us. do we not have nothing better to do with our money than spend $150 for a cup holder????

- - - Updated - - -

on a sort of related note about the front cup holders, i stumbled across this today online. i dont particularly like it, but I thought it was a different concept about something to do with auto cup holders. looks cheesy and it's ugly as sin, but props to thinking outside the box a little.

http://www.quirky.com/products/23

quirky1.png

quirky2.png

i actually came across those when I was google for 'adjustable cup holders' / clamps / "cinchers" or whatever they are called for the new style front cup holders that are missing any way to securely hold a drink in place. here's one possibility for that:

http://www.amazon.com/Keeper-Holder-Adapter-Trucks-Color/dp/B0051AP3KG

cincher1.png

I drank the kool aid on Tesla a couple months ago...but, I have to say.....Whatever engineer was put in charge of 'Rear Seat Cupholder Development' should not be allowed to work on design concepts for the "x" or 'E' :wink:

...nor the accountant that came up with the pricing :biggrin:

Accounting did just fine... Parts cost $3.00, labor $12.00 ... Add a 0 to end of total = net profit. NICE!

Fail!

I wonder if these could be double purposed as chains to keep your kid from kicking the back of your seat? That might be worth $150.

Excellent idea... Cup holder/seat back protector :scared:

Here is another thread on this topic. Not very complimentary either.

2nd Row Cup Holder Coming Soon

Having cup holders on the floor is just silly. The chances a cup won't get kicked are slim and none. Not to mention staining the back of the seats.
Tesla please go back to square one and try again:frown:

My kids are long out of seats, but still young enough to be reckless. Imagine leaving a coke in one of these, then stepping out/back into the car. They will easily kick it over. Hell, I would likely kick it over. This may be good for a long trip and rare use. But then, how expensive will it be?

Man guys, chill out! This is an installed price. I would bet they aren't making a lot of money on them. At least they have an option, many sedans don't have second row holders at all, at least without giving up an entire seat. Look at third party options, no need to dump on Tesla.

I personally think these are absolutely great. They are an elegant solution. They will work when you need them and virtually disappear otherwise. All 3 rear seats are retained. All legroom is retained. You guys who are dissing them need not order.

I bought mine instantly on line. There is no added shipping charge. The price is essentially SC installation labor and therefore not unreasonable considering how much everything else from Tesla costs. I predict these will become standard on all new Model S's at some point for no extra charge.

I personally think these are absolutely great. They are an elegant solution. They will work when you need them and virtually disappear otherwise. All 3 rear seats are retained. All legroom is retained. You guys who are dissing them need not order.

I bought mine instantly on line. There is no added shipping charge. The price is essentially SC installation labor and therefore not unreasonable considering how much everything else from Tesla costs. I predict these will become standard on all new Model S's at some point for no extra charge.

Let us dissers know how it works out ....

Personally, a cup holder should not require the use of another cup holder in order to deploy a cup holder.

Man guys, chill out! This is an installed price. I would bet they aren't making a lot of money on them. At least they have an option, many sedans don't have second row holders at all, at least without giving up an entire seat. Look at third party options, no need to dump on Tesla.

I have drunk the Tesla kool aid and support the company and products 99% of the time but I believe that as a solution for back seat cup holders, these are weak. I do have the option not to purchase them and at this point I will not. If I read many positive reviews about them by forum members then I will be happy to admit my mistake.

I want that center armrest/cupholder thingy I saw somewhere on line a while ago. I can't remember the last time I ever had three people in the back, but if I did, it snaps out and goes in the frunk. I do, however, shudder at the thought of what the price for it may be. :scared: