Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Row Legroom measurements 5/6/7 seat configuration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

alphainfinity

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2019
Kalispell
Hi all,

I am having a tough time finding legroom measurements for the 5/6/7 seat configuration. For example, the 5 seat configuration allows the passenger to recline their seat, but it doesn't look like they have the option to move the seat itself forward or backwards.

The 6 set can recline AND move forward and backwards but I don't know if the seat in the fully backward position actually provides MORE legroom than the 5 seat configuration.

7 Seat configuration....same questions.

Hi all,

I am having a tough time finding legroom measurements for the 5/6/7 seat configuration. For example, the 5 seat configuration allows the passenger to recline their seat, but it doesn't look like they have the option to move the seat itself forward or backwards.

The 6 set can recline AND move forward and backwards but I don't know if the seat in the fully backward position actually provides MORE legroom than the 5 seat configuration.

7 Seat configuration....same questions.
7 seat middle row can recline and slide back and forth....

The rear bench seat in the 5-seater version is fixed. It may tilt slightly (I can't recall), but it does not slide forward or back. Rear passengers have a ton of legroom. The bench seat is just average, comfort-wise.
With the 6-seater version, remember you can't fold the middle row flat so cargo space is always compromised. But those captain's chairs sure look cool!

I went and tested 2019 Model X at a showroom last weekend.

AFAIK, the Captain Chairs of the 6 seater version move as far forward/backward as the 2nd Row of the 7 seater - seems to me same leg room between these two versions.

I have not seen actual measurements.

The 7 seater 2nd Row can recline further (about 3-4 inches) than the Captain Chair of 6 seater.
And, the Captain Chairs are like "J", the seat tilts with the back rest - making this lifting sensation under the knee.