Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Row middle seat arm rest/table for outside seat passengers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Blurry_Eyed

MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761
Dec 29, 2011
I agree it is nice, but why isn't there additional cupholders in it?

Since Elon got the 6 seat version, his kids won't ride in the 7 seat version, they won't notice and complain about the lack of cupholders in this middle seat arm rest, therefore we'll never get cupholders in the center seat arm rest.

I was surprised to see this video demonstrating that built into the middle seat in the 2nd row there is an arm rest/shelf for the outside seat passengers. I don't think I've seen any mention of it in the various seat threads:

2016 Tesla Model X: Interior - YouTube Go to about 1:11 in the time scrubber bar to see it.

Also this link has some great videos of the Model X from various angles and positions:

https://www.youtube.com/user/wesellfremont/videos?shelf_id=1&view=0&sort=dd

See discussion: 6 Seat vs 7 Seat Options

I agree it is nice, but why isn't there additional cupholders in it?

Since Elon got the 6 seat version, his kids won't ride in the 7 seat version, they won't notice and complain about the lack of cupholders in this middle seat arm rest, therefore we'll never get cupholders in the center seat arm rest.
Elon's Model X has 7 seats. It is in fact the one with the center seat armrest shown in the video.

I was surprised to see this video demonstrating that built into the middle seat in the 2nd row there is an arm rest/shelf for the outside seat passengers. I don't think I've seen any mention of it in the various seat threads:

2016 Tesla Model X: Interior - YouTube Go to about 1:11 in the time scrubber bar to see it.

Also this link has some great videos of the Model X from various angles and positions:

https://www.youtube.com/user/wesellfremont/videos?shelf_id=1&view=0&sort=dd
Is that an armrest or a booster seat?

Elon's Model X has 7 seats. It is in fact the one with the center seat armrest shown in the video.

timf is correct. I took that video, and also an image of the vehicle's VIN, which ends in "...F000001". Also agree that it is an armrest and not a booster seat. Another thread has speculation that this armrest might be a custom feature of Elon's X and we won't see it in Sig/Prod vehicles. Time will tell...

Personally, after riding in the 6-seat configuration after sitting in Elon's 7-seater, I've decided to order the 6.

Last edited:
timf is correct. I took that video, and also an image of the vehicle's VIN, which ends in "...F000001". Also agree that it is an armrest and not a booster seat. Another thread has speculation that this armrest might be a custom feature of Elon's X and we won't see it in Sig/Prod vehicles. Time will tell...

Personally, after riding in the 6-seat configuration after sitting in Elon's 7-seater, I've decided to order the 6.

FYI.. This was my preference as well UNTIL I learned that the 2nd row center console will NOT be standard in the 6-seat config (at least not yet for Sig res holders). It may be made available in the future at additional cost.

FYI.. This was my preference as well UNTIL I learned that the 2nd row center console will NOT be standard in the 6-seat config (at least not yet for Sig res holders). It may be made available in the future at additional cost.

How were you able to confirm this? I ordered the 6 seat version after riding in it at the event. I told my DES that the console is what confirmed my decision. He has not been able to confirm either way.

How were you able to confirm this? I ordered the 6 seat version after riding in it at the event. I told my DES that the console is what confirmed my decision. He has not been able to confirm either way.

Numerous conversations with staff at the launch event, local service center staff and factory/corporate sales office. I even cornered Franz at the event who said he'd get back to me about it, but has yet to do so.

See my thread about the subject: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/55080-6-Seat-vs-7-Seat-Options

Just noticed that there seems to be a center armrest in the black interiored one in this video as well.

Small Article Player - Player on Top

Just noticed that there seems to be a center armrest in the black interiored one in this video as well.

Small Article Player - Player on Top

Black Second Row Seat with Embedded Armrest.png

Nice catch. That does look very similar to Elon's VIN #1 White interior. Hope it makes it into Sigs ..but based on what I've been told - I won't be holding my breath. Best I can hope for is some post production add-on that either sits on top of the middle seat (similar to the Model S accessory: http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/premium-rear-console) or a console that replaces the middle seat all together (like the 6-seater I test-rode in at the launch event)

View attachment 97968

Nice catch. That does look very similar to Elon's VIN #1 White interior. Hope it makes it into Sigs ..but based on what I've been told - I won't be holding my breath. Best I can hope for is some post production add-on that either sits on top of the middle seat (similar to the Model S accessory: http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/premium-rear-console) or a console that replaces the middle seat all together (like the 6-seater I test-rode in at the launch event)
Thanks for posting the picture. That is the one. I'm hoping for the easily movable console for the 6 seater too. I like the idea of captains chairs and the extra space down the middle.

Well, there is obviously no center arm rest on the 6 or the 7 seater. We really need armrests on the outer seats of our 6-seater or at least some grab handles. It is really hard to stay in those seats during any kind of cornering.

Perhaps some kind of 3rd party options? A large upside down U-Shape the width of the missing middle seat could work. It would retain the middle space for storing long items in the car but still give the middle row outside seats an armrest. We really need them in the Falcon doors as well, preferably with something to hold on to.

Reactions: vandacca