Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd row monopost seat broke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tilt motor on my passenger side 2nd row monopost seat broke, preventing the seat from tilting forward or back. It moves perfectly fine horizontally, though. My Model X 6 seater is in the service center right now. They are ordering me me a whole new seat to replace it, and will do temporary repair in the mean time. The car is only 7 months old. Luckily it drives fine. Anyone else hear of this problem?

The tilt motor on my passenger side 2nd row monopost seat broke, preventing the seat from tilting forward or back. It moves perfectly fine horizontally, though. My Model X 6 seater is in the service center right now. They are ordering me me a whole new seat to replace it, and will do temporary repair in the mean time. The car is only 7 months old. Luckily it drives fine. Anyone else hear of this problem?

Mine arrived broken, similar issue. Horizontal travel ok, no tilt. I would drive your car until replacement seat arrives, can be weeks or a month.

This happened to ours in the 2nd month of ownership. SC said 6-8 weeks to order seat. It's been 8+ weeks now on our 4 month old car with no update. We regularly drive with 5-6 people and the non-tilting is infuriating. This is after they already replaced the *other* 2nd row monopost seat in our 6-seater.

Good luck.

Your thread title was bit misleading, at least to me. Here I expected to read about the actual monopost seat mounting connection to the car broke, not just the motor that tilts the seat. The prior would be a serious concern, the latter not so much.

Reactions: dragonxt
Update: tesla service center said the pitch motor in the seat is what broke. The whole seat will have to be replaced and one is in order. The seat is still usable, just can't tilt it forward or back. Horizontal movement is fine.

It's surprising how much more room it gives the 3rd row passenger to get in when the seat is able to tilt just that little bit forward while using the easy entry access. So lack of that easy entry on that side is what is annoying for us. For us, horizontal movement using the 2 setback arrows works, but while the monopost is slid back into locked position, the L seat movement controls will fail to move it horizontally.

Does the seat tilt when you access the 3rd row? (Button on rear of seat back)

Yes everyone reading this post has

Similar problem here. Horizontal movement was fine but would not tilt. Service center looked at it and initially said a new seat was necessary, but after some more looks at it they decided to replace the pitch motor and that fixed it. All told it took a couple days in the service center.

UPDATE: got the seat fixed finally 2 days ago. The whole seat had to be replaced in order to fix the broken pitch motor. Screenshot of the service invoice attached.

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 10.08.36 AM.png