Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Row Seats - Adjustments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes seems like they will be adjustable like the 1st row.

I got a chance to talk to Franz von Holzhausen about the 3rd row. I told him that I felt it was an important feature that was crucial to the success of the Model Y. I asked him two specific questions about the seating. I asked if the second row was adjustable so the people in the 3rd row could have more room (I wanted to confirm what I had heard from the Model Y driver). I also asked if he had designed them so they would be able to hold child safety seats. The answer was yes to both questions.​

Why Tesla Model Y 3rd Row Is Key To It Becoming The Best Selling Vehicle In The World | CleanTechnica

Yes seems like they will be adjustable like the 1st row.

I got a chance to talk to Franz von Holzhausen about the 3rd row. I told him that I felt it was an important feature that was crucial to the success of the Model Y. I asked him two specific questions about the seating. I asked if the second row was adjustable so the people in the 3rd row could have more room (I wanted to confirm what I had heard from the Model Y driver). I also asked if he had designed them so they would be able to hold child safety seats. The answer was yes to both questions.​

Why Tesla Model Y 3rd Row Is Key To It Becoming The Best Selling Vehicle In The World | CleanTechnica

That's reassuring. My wife and I aren't big people so we can keep the 1st and 2nd rows forward allowing for some legroom in the 3rd row.