TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2nd row seats are a piece of sculptural beauty.

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Bradleybang, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Bradleybang

Bradleybang Member

That's what Elon said today during conference call.

I have to wait until August to see them and test them?
    Aaaaarrrrgggg!:mad:

2. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

You can spend your time imagining yourself lounging on one, leisurely feeding the fish in the LED-lit armrest fishtank.

3. Rheazombi

Rheazombi Member

My heart skipped a beat when I heard him say that. He was seriously gushing about them! They must be something really special.

4. mzpolo

mzpolo Member

Picturing the LazyBoy, fully reclined. Reaching under the seat and into the chiller for a nice cold beverage.

5. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Reclining and with a foot rest would be really nice, especially for those cross country record runs. You should be able to slide them way back occupying some of the space where the third row would be.
    Five point seat belts for the performance version to make sure you don't slide out :biggrin:
    Oh, and cup holders / cooler

6. emir-t

emir-t Member

I heard/read around here somewhere that the second row seats would "present themselves" for easy access, entry / exit and putting in children, lifting up things etc so it is possible this "structural beauty" is an entire row that turns, moves, maybe goes out and up thanks to falcon wing doors? Who knows? It sounds like something Elon would be very excited though that's for sure. How much of a game changer? I don't know because I've never owned/used or felt the need for an SUV, I wouldn't know.

7. Thumper

Thumper Member

I just hope he hasn't oversold the seats. "Now I'm going to tell you the funniest joke in the world", is a set-up for laugh failure. Nothing ever quite measures up to the hype. Those seats better be good.

8. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Precisely what I've been thinking, including the analogy. I've been teaching my son that nuance with joke-telling. Don't let anyone know it's a joke!

9. Bradleybang

Bradleybang Member

I would hope they have reached out to some reservation holders to get a user review of these sculptural beauties.

<<<<<< This guy is willing and will sign NDA.

10. DJ Frustration

DJ Frustration Model X Sig, Former Model S, Model 3 Res

Can't wait for my kids to smash their fingers in that 2nd row when it presents. I kid, obviously.

#cupholdersplease

11. bluenation

bluenation Member

its probably not the greatest idea to take a CEO's hyperbole of his own product's subjective aesthestic for face value.

imo, of course. ;)

12. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Agreed. Especially given Musk's track record.

13. Rheazombi

Rheazombi Member

Track record for what? He's already made the best, most beautiful EV the world has ever seen. Sure, he is found of hyperbole, but he also is one of the few people that can deliver on it.

14. BerTX

BerTX Member

An engineer's concept of sculptural beauty might not be the same as some people's.

15. Nixter

Nixter Member

#15 Nixter, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    I've often thought that there is a degree of beauty in functionality. If any of the seats function as expected and are well designed I'll be happy.

16. tanner

tanner Active Member

I second that.

17. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Ford B-Max solution

b-max-adaptado.50226.jpg

Ford-B-MAX-05.jpg

18. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

He previously gushed about v6.0 software release and it was a bit of a yawner. I guess we should have known when he repeatedly talked up his favorite feature of the release: being able to name your car. I'm STILL scratching my head over that one.

19. Rheazombi

Rheazombi Member

Oh please. It's obvious he wanted all the features of 6.0, 6.1, and for all we know 6.2 all rolled into one update but for whatever reason it didn't happen. That's totally different from him describing seats he's already seen.

20. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

That, and more. Elon tends to get ahead of himself and promise things that aren't ready, don't come to fruition or just gush about things that most others don't have the same level of enthusiasm for.

It's a good and bad thing, and no one is doubting what he has done for Tesla. I'm merely pointing out (as most, I think, know) that you have to take many of his statements, timelines and levels of excitement with a grain of salt.