Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd run of camera switch that show a front image on the touch screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are indeed helpful...But to show how thick I am...If you turn on the forward camera by putting the car in reverse -- are you looking the right way? Do you get a choice of putting the forward camera on the upper part of the display, and the back up on the lower? Did I get it right that you can turn on Forward by setting up a driver profile on Home-link?

Maybe I will wait until I am installing the Blackvue dashcam, and EVannex extra bright lights - and have all these done in one panel pulling event.

The default view when you put the car in reverse it the rear camera view.

... Posting in this thread is the list right now.
Hmmm, I guess I better post in this thread too then.... I originally followed the instructions here --> Reservations for 2nd production run of camera switch kit now being taken , back over a year ago when Rick posted that he was starting a 2nd production run of this switch.

I bought a new camera in anticipation for this project, back at the beginning of this year when this current thread started-up, stating that a 2nd production run was on it's way.

Fingers crossed that it happens this year, before Winter. Living in the midwest without a heated garage means that unnecessary projects are put on hold until Spring.

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr
Sorry if I’m being redundant, but I’ve read a couple of the threads, and I’m confused... one thread talked about getting what looked like everything (bluetooth transmitter, cables, PC board, etc.,) except the camera. This one seems to be just the PC board?

Is that the case and we need to source the rest of the pieces (camera, cables) and when it’s installed it will show the normal camera in reverse, and the front camera going forward?

As I noted a little bit ago, I also read one link to instructions, and I don’t even know if that is the current version. What would be the process for a current (2017) X?

Perhaps we need a new summary of what we are actually getting this go-around for those that haven’t been waiting months and months? :D

Anyone that can provide (link or text) the current state of affairs, much appreciated!