Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd run of camera switch that show a front image on the touch screen

David.85D

Oct 29, 2016
USA
FWIW, a friend at work has a model 3 and his car recently started taking about 5-10 seconds to open the rear camera. No modification of any type. Might be a software problem.

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus

aesculus

Still Trying to Figure This All Out
May 31, 2015
Northern California
Well is sounds like at least two reports of "taking longer than normal" for the camera to display. Since I have a MCU1/AP1 car that could be enough for slow to turn into broken. I guess I will wait it out to see if another update improves this or not.

puhiniho

Jun 15, 2018
Seattle
I'm interested in the front cam switch as well.
Btw, thread is so long and the initial info seems to have changed over time... Does this also have a separate hdmi for connecting video from your phone too? I have an X with AP2.5/MCU1. Thx!

Hi Everyone. There seems to be demand for the switch. I've talked to @artsci and he has confirmed it's ok for me to run a batch. Please post if your interested and I will figure out the timeline to get a batch built and delivered. I will also coordinate the panda/giraffes needed.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
No, that's a different product and a different thread. Search for HDMI & Bearbu

That product does not help you with a front camera. Its a great product by offers a different feature.

If you look long enough here on TMC, you might find a couple of owners or one owner that installed the HDMI switch kit and the front camera kit both. It worked.

Reactions: puhiniho
Oct 12, 2017
Los Angeles
IMG_0473.jpeg IMG_2808.jpg IMG_7342.jpeg IMG_5370.jpeg I have a full kit available -- front cam switcher w/ remotes, front camera, all cables and the panda CANBUS/giraffe piece as well. PM me if interested.

phaphaphooey

Mar 26, 2018
USA

HankLloydRight

No Roads
Jan 18, 2014
Connecticut
My main camera cable that goes from the main unit to the front camera failed. Luckily I had one of the new single cables that @appleguru had made to install as a replacement. So now I don't have any more spares, so if anyone has a extra cable set they'd like to sell, or if not, put me down on the list for the next run of cables.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC