Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Tesla - model X delivery DISASTER

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright guys. Here is the update. Tesla ordered a replacement part:

Additional parts have been ordered for servicing your car. We will send you updates twice a week until your service is completed.

Parts Outstanding

1. STEERING COLUMN CONTROL MODULE - ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL, ?GENERATION 2 STEERING, AND HEATER
    Part #: 1057356-00-B
    Order Date: December 13, 2020
    Ship Date: Pending

I'm still waiting for an explanation of what happened. This happening again is absolutely not acceptable, lemon car rule, NHTSA recall or whatever I need to do - I will do it.

But I still want to give Tesla a chance to fix this mistake.

• Informative
Reactions: VikH and cwerdna
TO make life even more complicated. Rumors of model S/X refresh.....ugh

My bet is refresh is NOT likely given TEsla has more priorities right now. And lastly, refresh for model S is somewhat more likely than the X.

Unfortunately X is the lowest priority vehicle in Tesla's lineup. There is the Y, cybertruck, semi, model 3, roadster, and of course $25K mystery car(s). last place X. but heck if TSLA goes to $1000+ , I'll just go buy the new refresh X in a few years time.

TO make life even more complicated. Rumors of model S/X refresh.....ugh

My bet is refresh is NOT likely given TEsla has more priorities right now. And lastly, refresh for model S is somewhat more likely than the X.

Unfortunately X is the lowest priority vehicle in Tesla's lineup. There is the Y, cybertruck, semi, model 3, roadster, and of course $25K mystery car(s). last place X. but heck if TSLA goes to $1000+ , I'll just go buy the new refresh X in a few years time.

25K mystery car ? Is that the base 35K Model 3 powered instead by a 4-cylinder engine ?

PS - Hang in there CyberJoe. Hope the SC and Tesla eventually does you right.

• Funny
Reactions: Vaillant
Tesla gained some of that trust back. Offered 3 options
#1 accept the original model X - with fixed part.
#2 buy a different X on current inventory (FSD price goes up to $10k)
#3 ORDER a new model X but except very long delay until march/2021 ! (FSD price goes up to $10k)

We chose #2. Found an inventory model X with Performance (upgrade from our prior long range) and 6 seater (based on reviews and owners 6 seater much preferred over 7 seater). Same color metallic grey

I'm working on getting the $2K back somehow. possibly a "service credit" - get some tesla merch/wall chargers.

Also, hoping to ask for more supercharging miles (but I don't like this one since they expire). lifetime supercharger would be phenomenal but I highly doubt it.

Reactions: Zaxxon and mongo
#3 ORDER a new model X but except very long delay until march/2021 ! (FSD price goes up to $10k)

We chose #2. Found an inventory model X with Performance (upgrade from our prior long range) and 6 seater (based on reviews and owners 6 seater much preferred over 7 seater). Same color metallic grey

I'm working on getting the $2K back somehow. possibly a "service credit" - get some tesla merch/wall chargers.

Also, hoping to ask for more supercharging miles (but I don't like this one since they expire). lifetime supercharger would be phenomenal but I highly doubt it.
#2 does seem like the way to go - though it ain't kosher if they want you to pay the 2K additional for the FSD price. Surely they will relent and get you the 2K back in some form.

Hope car #2 is a good one for you --

Reactions: X Fan
I bought an inventory model and got a big reduction. But the term means different things today--Mine was like a loaner--had over $1000 miles on it. Back in the day, inventory cars were used for showrooms and test drives (many overnight). Now most inventory cars are just like the new cars on any dealer lot. Most with 50miles or less on the odometer. In someways and inventory car may have been tweaked and debugged. If it is low mileage, I would not sweat it. If it has been driven then you can dicker. Most of the time they disclose mileage before you buy. How many miles on yours? BTW--My inventory MX has been terrific.

I bought an inventory model and got a big reduction. But the term means different things today--Mine was like a loaner--had over $1000 miles on it. Back in the day, inventory cars were used for showrooms and test drives (many overnight). Now most inventory cars are just like the new cars on any dealer lot. Most with 50miles or less on the odometer. In someways and inventory car may have been tweaked and debugged. If it is low mileage, I would not sweat it. If it has been driven then you can dicker. Most of the time they disclose mileage before you buy. How many miles on yours? BTW--My inventory MX has been terrific.

Mine "demo" car had 16 miles! Basically new. The plastic rim around the body needs replacement though, one of the hooks broken and so doesn't fit well. Otherwise, we are happy with our new 6 seater (not 7 originally) and PERFORMANCE edition.

This seems like an odd choice based on your post concerning about a refresh. However, glad Tesla did the right thing here.

That’s fantastic and what I would expect.
Tesla can sometimes clearly has process “holes” but never evil. They do come around to the right thing.

was it attempted?

I think it was, or at least that i what OP stated (see quote). I guess one more reason to not use creep mode!

Her leg is getting numb pressing hard on the brake for more than an 1 hour waiting for on site technician. Even when they arrived, they could not figure out what to do. Even taking the car over, they had to swap seats with my wife and put their foot on the brake!