Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Thoughts On Color

Deep Blue Metallic or Red Multi-Coat?

• Deep Blue Metallic

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • Red Multi-Coat

Votes: 22 36.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We already had a white/white M3, so we went with Blue/White with 19" wheels on the MY. For some reason I don't like the blue as much on the M3 as the MY. It always looks too dark without enough highlight even in the sun. On the Model Y it seems to show a lot more of the highlight.

We haven't finalized the exact personalized tag we're going to put on it yet, but it will be a reference to the fact that it's a blue box that travels in space and time* and the white interior makes it look bigger on the inside. Of course this sound effect is in the Boombox folder:

* Currently it only travels in one direction in time, but that will hopefully be upgraded via an over-the-air update at some point in the future**

** or maybe via OTA at some point in the past?????

Hey y’all, I have always planned on ordering a blue MY and that’s what the first spec I ordered was. Recently I have been second guessing this decision and I’m not sure. The red also looks really good. Any regrets on your color choice? If you could change it now, would you? Thanks!
I ordered the blue and love the color. We have had a couple of red cars and our other car is black, which I regret, as it is difficult to keep clean. I wish I had ordered the white interior though! One issue with my car paint though, is that I seem to attract more stone chips than any other car I have owned. Make sure you get the rear fender PPF and front mud flaps! I will have to have the rear fenders re-painted at some point after the first winter.