Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Unofficial Ontario Supercharger Opening Tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A725B11F-415B-4C07-B0D8-FD074C56785F.jpeg
Here are my stats from the Ottawa-Sudbury leg. Looks like I had 19 rated km to spare!

Attachments

• 6E1298CA-E633-438E-9290-A6DB0177BE12.jpeg
    6E1298CA-E633-438E-9290-A6DB0177BE12.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Whisky
I actually only charged to 98% in Ottawa because I was planning on charging somewhere along the way. And I drove a few extra kilometres taking some pics in Deep River for a friend who grew up there. And then I made a wrong turn in Sudbury and was on like 499.7km when I got to the supercharger. I took a lap around the parking lot to get it up over 500 :)

The most I ever drove on one leg in my S90D was 300 miles but that was significantly downhill and in warmer weather (also involved a couple parking lot laps lol). This required much more of an effort, slightly uphill and cold weather. Average temp along the way was about 2C. Saw snow flurries on 3 or 4 occasions, but nothing that impacted the road which remained dry.

I drove 60mph (96kph) most of the way, but slowed to 50mph (80kph) for a 30 mile stretch after North Bay when I wanted to be sure I would make it. Speed limit is 90kph so some people were annoyed with me there but fug 'em, I gotta do what I gotta do. I also lowered suspension, turned on range mode (does that even do anything?), and didn't use any heat other than heated seat and steering wheel. I bundled up with a sweatshirt and jacket, but my legs were getting cold towards the end lol. And the sun was going down as I approached Sudbury which made it feel significantly colder and caused the windshield to begin to fog up a little, but it never became a serious issue.

Serious question: Do any of you who appeared in the video or participated in the supercharger tour feel like you were duped by CBC? The portrayal of Tesla was not kind and the portrayal of the owners was probably even worse.
I didn't end up appearing in the video talking, but I was at the meeting, and I had planned to talk to them. They materially mislead the group on what they were doing. They asked to film our meeting and talk to us "because there is so much negative out there, and they wanted to get the other side from owners".

We were absolutely duped, and they will not be welcomed back without assurances about editorial control of the content.