Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2TB Samsung T5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Formatted a Samsung T5 2 TB drive to FAT32 using GuiFormat. Created the TeslaCam folder. Plugged drive into car, car indicates improper formatting on the drive. I used the same app previously on all flash drives without issue. Any advice?

AP 2.5 - MCU 1

Hi MrKool,

They say the sharing of your sentry clips will have VIN data and only be stored for up to 72 hours...
For Tesla to improve Sentry...

The second acceptance says the data will be anonymized so they do not know it is you...

You are sharing your data with them... They are not sharing with you...

This is not intended to be a smart apple response... but consistent with Tesla practices.

Shawn

Just curious why the need to hold onto 8+ months of parking videos? I could understand this a few months back but V10 finally introduced automatic deletion/overwriting of old files when the drive is full. Regardless of 1TB, you're still limited to only the most recent 1-hour of driving data.

I anticipate the OS using external storage for more things in the future, and the cost difference at the time of purchase was minimal.