Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2xPowerwall whole house backup - HVAC sure start problem

Merrill

Merrill
Jan 23, 2013
Sonoma, California
No alcohol for me. Recovered alcoholic. Don't crave it anymore, don't even like it any more. Actually, I don't think I ever liked it. I drank because I was depressed and alcohol just made me more depressed. Cardio pretty much cured my depression. And living on Maui it's not an issue.
Maui no ka oi

That's because you met the ones who left. :)

It is expensive. It's bound to be when everything but pineapples and mangoes has to be shipped or flown in from 2,500 miles way.

Doom Man

Jan 22, 2020
New Orleans, LA
The HVAC people I called said I'd need to have an electrician do it. The electrician said I'd have to have an HVAC person do it. So I gave up. I'll have to make do with the ceiling fans during an outage. Too bad, because my solar powers the A/C easily except for the start. The cost of a new A/C isn't worth it. A/C here isn't a life-or-death essential.

It shouldn't be complicated. My soft-start was only complicated because of a Daikin heat pump with unusual wiring. Premier Components Supply sells the soft starts online for about $250, and their employee Jeffrey Solak was very helpful identifying which unit I would need.
Sure-Start Products

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC