TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

3.0 R80 battery upgrade for $4,000

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Tdave, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Tdave

Tdave Member

I have written confirmation from Tesla that a Roadster pre-paid battery replacement contract can be used for the R80 battery upgrade for as little as $4,000 out of pocket. Because of the redemption period terms of paragraph 4 of the battery contract, that more specifically means the R80 battery upgrade has an out of pocket cost of:

$6,000 - during the 8th year of the contract
    $5,000 - during the 9th year of the contract
    $4,000 - during the 10th year of the contract
    I sought clarification and confirmation of this from Tesla because I recently put my 2010 Roadster Sport up for sale, and the pre-paid battery replacement contract will transfer with the car to the new owner. This raises the value of that contract to $25,000, higher than I had thought.

My ad in the For Sale section has more info:
    2010 Roadster Sport

• Informative x 1
  2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Did Tesla put in writing what the warranty on the battery and other modifications to the car is?

3. Tdave

Tdave Member

3 years / 36,000 mile warranty on the new battery.

4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

And the PEM I do believe.

5. ion_1

ion_1 Member

Wow, I cannot believe your car didn't sell yet. regardless of the miles, this is a very sweet deal.
    Oh my.

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

That's what I would like to confirm. Is the PEM included? 3 years or 1 year? I've heard all possibilities.

7. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I was told 3 years on the PEM as they gave me a new rebuilt one as part of the package

• Informative x 1
  8. Skipper1965

Skipper1965 New Member

Hi Tdave,

I'm living here in Germany and have a brick with my Roadster-Sig. and need to get a new battery.

As I've seen in your comment you have such letter from TESLA in regards to the pricing for upgrade 3.0 version. Is it mybe possible that you can send it to me as Tesla Hamburg is not rely cooperative to me and I'm stucked.

Can you please help ?

Best regards

Skipper1965