Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3.0 R80 battery upgrade for $4,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have written confirmation from Tesla that a Roadster pre-paid battery replacement contract can be used for the R80 battery upgrade for as little as $4,000 out of pocket. Because of the redemption period terms of paragraph 4 of the battery contract, that more specifically means the R80 battery upgrade has an out of pocket cost of:

$6,000 - during the 8th year of the contract
$5,000 - during the 9th year of the contract
$4,000 - during the 10th year of the contract
I sought clarification and confirmation of this from Tesla because I recently put my 2010 Roadster Sport up for sale, and the pre-paid battery replacement contract will transfer with the car to the new owner. This raises the value of that contract to $25,000, higher than I had thought.

My ad in the For Sale section has more info:
2010 Roadster Sport

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Hi Tdave,

I'm living here in Germany and have a brick with my Roadster-Sig. and need to get a new battery.

As I've seen in your comment you have such letter from TESLA in regards to the pricing for upgrade 3.0 version. Is it mybe possible that you can send it to me as Tesla Hamburg is not rely cooperative to me and I'm stucked.

Can you please help ?

Best regards

Skipper1965