Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$3,200-$7,000 old car incentive program in S. CA via "Replace Your Ride” program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
if you live in Los Angeles or in Southern California
and have an old car to trade in

then please join me in requesting Tesla to join the incredible "Replace Your Ride” program
which is offered by the CA state & the South Coast Air Quality Management District.

This program offers people who buy Hybrids & EV’s to trade in their old polluting cars
& depending on income receive $3,200 - $7,000
!
(see screenshot below).

Many cars are on their vendor list, such as BMW, Toyota, Smart, Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes Benz, VW, etc etc..
but not Tesla, yet!

Please help contact Tesla via [email protected] or Twitter, etc...
and tell them to join the "Replace Your Ride” program
that helps make the Tesla Model 3 an even more affordable car for some of us in the middle class!
(Which is the purpose of this program.)

THX!!!!!!!!!!

http://replaceyourride.com
Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 1.46.31 PM.jpg

Last edited:
But I do!
My wife & I are both freelance & I just happen to have a very old 2nd car that I use for just very local errands. (I realize there might not be a lot of people in my situation.)

I want the 7500 fed + 2500 state + 4200 replaceyourride
to get a 36,000 TM3 (paint) - 14,200 in incentives = 21,800 + tax, destination, etc. ;)

Tesla vehicles already show up as eligible replacement vehicles under this program. The Model 3 isn't on the list, but that's probably because it isn't available to the general public yet.

What I find interesting is that these incentives are available on used cars, not just new cars. A low-income individual or family could potentially get a used Nissan LEAF for a net cost of almost nothing.

I believe the only Teslas avail. are used ones from CarMax.
A Tesla 'dealership' needs to join the program to make a NEW TM3 qualify...
(I think that'd be ALL of Tesla 'Sales' the way they don't have a dealership program)

Any update on this program working with Tesla, I'm going through it as I'm self employed and quilified for the check but Everytime I call Tesla they say, "yea we've heard about it, but corporate hasn't budged on doing it." Which leads me to believe that they don't give a shi* or are too busy to care.

Just curious - did RYR ever work for anybody getting a Tesla? Already got my M3 but some stars aligned last year and I would've qualified.

You can take it from me. I got the check, am self employed, that's how I qualified. Getting a model 3 from Tesla was impossible they just refused to sign up for the program. My only option was get one from CarMax, or get one from this shady ass dealerships called plug in auto.

Starting with CarMax, it was near impossible to get a model 3, they sell like hot cakes. I had a buddy let me know if they got one he said they would get held in a matter of seconds the minute they hit the website. So that was out of the question.

Next was shady ass plug in auto, they mark the cars up $2500 for Paint preparation. The guy was at least honest and said it's a markup for us to make money. Now the worst part. They value the cars WAY over bluebook. They had an SR on the lot for $46,000...an SR! A car that's $35k I asked them about the price and he legit hung up on me.

I've sent emails to Tesla Support in the last 6 months, to join/be a "dealer" for this RYR program...I have not seen anything back from Tesla. I'll try and send to [email protected].

Earlier this year, I got $500 from AQMD from their pilot charge port install rebate tho..

Don't waste your time, unless you ask Elon himself. They have way too much on their plate.

I had someone in Tesla call directly into the finance department of corporate, they said they knew about the program and declined to do it. Not sure why.

Don't waste your time, unless you ask Elon himself. They have way too much on their plate.

I had someone in Tesla call directly into the finance department of corporate, they said they knew about the program and declined to do it. Not sure why.

Yeah I saw 1 or 2 on the CarMax website here in SoCal, there was an LR (RWD or AWD can't remember) white with aeros that was listed for 47K with around 4K miles IIRC, don't know about EAP/FSD. Would've been an ok deal for some people that would qualify a sizeable amount through RYR, although you won't get federal credit or CA state rebate, unless you also qualify for CVAP.

Yeah I saw 1 or 2 on the CarMax website here in SoCal, there was an LR (RWD or AWD can't remember) white with aeros that was listed for 47K with around 4K miles IIRC, don't know about EAP/FSD. Would've been an ok deal for some people that would qualify a sizeable amount through RYR, although you won't get federal credit or CA state rebate, unless you also qualify for CVAP.

Usually when they are that high they have FSD, CarMax factors those things in.

It's a great deal IF!! You can get one! They fly off the lot in seconds.