Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3/22/2018 New M3 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my email at 4:55 EDT. I last checked Tesla.com an hr our so earlier and hadn't seen an update so they may have fixed their email notification system.

Maryland, in store ~10:40am reservation time.

Will update tracker now.

FINALLY!!!!!!
Got mine too! Didn't see the e-mail until later but it did go out last night. I logged in this morning and saw the "ready to configure" message. SO EXCITED! I went with the 18 inch wheels for efficiency and ride comfort/durability. Will probably leave the covers off except for trips. but I haven't decided yet.

I stood in line in Manhattan on 3/31 and confirmed my reservation around 10:00 AM. Estimate said "March-May" right before I got the invitation.
Boylans-Tesla-Model-3.png

Reactions: EinSV
I got my invite email on 3/22 8:01pm. I stopped logging in to check before this since I felt time would pass if I tried to check it less which worked for me.

I waited in line at Manhasset, NY location. I was 8th in line, now to see if I have patience enough for dual motors or I cave before then. ;)

I just checked my profile again today and... I have a VIN (73XX). I just confirmed my order on 3/23 (6 days ago). Not sure what this means but it's certainly encouraging.
I posted this in another thread, but just to update it here too, I actually got the call yesterday (Friday) that my car would be ready for pickup today (3/31) in Brooklyn. So that would have been 9 days from config invite to delivery - in New York City.

Unfortunately that was not enough time to juggle the money around (markets were closed on Good Friday), so I delayed the delivery date until next Saturday. If I get everything sorted out sooner, I may pick it up a bit sooner. It's a relatively early VIN (0073XX), so I'm guessing it was already built - maybe already en route - when I locked in my configuration. Not sure if ordering AP and FSD bumped me up but I'm not complaining. Would have liked to be one of their Q1 deliveries, but the timing just didn't work out.

-CB

Reactions: MacRocket
Stood in line at Buena Park showroom March 31, 2016. Number 99 to order at that location. Config email received March 26, 2018. Ordered yesterday morning. I do not own an X or S.

Midnight Silver Metalic, 18”, AP - no self-driving upgrade.

Scared out of my mind, excited, freaking out...just sat staring at the screen for quite a while when the email came...stunned. So much easier to deal with the concept of ordering rather than the actuality.

No Tesla service center/showroom in this state (New Mexico), it”s against the law. No garage, but I do have a driveway, with a large shoulder at the entrance that our Honda Accord scrapes on most of the time we drive onto it.

Planning on installing the home charger on the outside of my house. Very worried about the dark interior/glass roof in our climate. Hope we don’t have to use too much juice to keep the interior/battery temperature moderated.

Planning on building some sort of shade structure for the car so the poor thing does not fry in the summer (or winter really)...can’t believe I did it, so happy I did.

Trying to get my brain around the fact we paid around $40,000 for our original house (granted, many years ago but still...). Just plunked down a big deposit on a much more expensive car.

A car.

Luckily there is a supercharger located very close for emergencies and to get us started until our home setup is complete.

Now the wait. I have never driven this car. I managed to sit in one for about 1 minute once. This is pretty insane, but so is what I see around me all the time. At least this is making some sense in a world going mad.

Crazy isn’t it?

Happy Holidays. Feels right to be ordering this car during this time of renewal.

How are my fellow 3/22 folks doing on the VIN front? Anybody had any luck? I'm getting tired of staring at this reservation number.
Invited 3/22, configured 3/23, Got VIN assigned some time between 3/24 and 3/29 (I noticed it on 3/29). I got a call from Tesla on Friday 3/30 that my car would be ready for pickup in Brooklyn the very next day (3/31) but I delayed to 4/7 (yesterday).

Got a call from them the night before saying they found a "tiny paint chip" when detailing it and that "Elon said they have to be perfect" so they cancelled my delivery appointment.

So I guess my brand new fully paid for Model 3 is sitting at a body shop in Brooklyn right now, instead of sitting in my driveway where it should be. :(

How are my fellow 3/22 folks doing on the VIN front? Anybody had any luck? I'm getting tired of staring at this reservation number.

I was invited on 3/22, but didn't configure until 3/30. Also configured black with aeros, so I may have a little wait yet for a VIN... Or it could be tomorrow. Who knows -- being patient while I get the garage and finances in order.

Invited 3/22, configured 3/23, Got VIN assigned some time between 3/24 and 3/29 (I noticed it on 3/29). I got a call from Tesla on Friday 3/30 that my car would be ready for pickup in Brooklyn the very next day (3/31) but I delayed to 4/7 (yesterday).

Got a call from them the night before saying they found a "tiny paint chip" when detailing it and that "Elon said they have to be perfect" so they cancelled my delivery appointment.

So I guess my brand new fully paid for Model 3 is sitting at a body shop in Brooklyn right now, instead of sitting in my driveway where it should be. :(

You paid them before delivery? Why?