Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3/22/2018 New M3 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are my fellow 3/22 folks doing on the VIN front? Anybody had any luck? I'm getting tired of staring at this reservation number.

I’m a new VIN owner as of this morning, per my signature...the VIN appears on a new line when you view the details but man it was nice to see that long (& different) number appear on the home screen this morning. Sure feels more real when you get that number. Can’t imagine what I’ll feel like once I actually discuss delivery with Tesla. Waited sooo long just to be one of their owners.
Sorry for those still waiting, it really seems like your configuration plays a part with VIN assignment...your time will come. (Yes, that is easy for me to say...but I did start by saying I’m sorry :()

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBoylan
This thread and group are feeling a little lonely lately. It appears some 3-22 invite people have delivery dates in the very near future! Who's first (or did I miss someone in this thread)?

I was hopeful at the beginning of this week that I might have it by Friday, but with the trade-in evaluation holding up the proceedings for the last 4 days, I'm not so sure.

This thread and group are feeling a little lonely lately. It appears some 3-22 invite people have delivery dates in the very near future! Who's first (or did I miss someone in this thread)?

I was hopeful at the beginning of this week that I might have it by Friday, but with the trade-in evaluation holding up the proceedings for the last 4 days, I'm not so sure.

Still waiting on a VIN here.
Configured 3/22
Maybe it’s taking long her because I want a line waiter.
Black/Aero/EAP Los Angeles

This "adventure" is certainly a test of patience. One line after the next. Let's see... I waited in line 2 years ago to place my deposit, waited at the Tesla store to sit in a Model 3, waited for my invitation to configure, I waited for the aero wheel kit to get back in stock, waited for it to finally ship (I got them today), I'm currently waiting for my ISA to find time to contact me. Nothing in SPAM, no missed calls, just watch the clock tick tock. It's now been 3 days since my VIN assignment. Tick tock. Just wanted to chat to see where my car is and if I am days, weeks, or unknown away. My loan expired so I will have to re-hit my credit for a new application... Meanwhile rates keep going up. Sigh. Tick tock. Where's that ISA?

Had to update my signature again... first my ISA tells me 5/2 looks like my day where she says it could be earlier than that and if it is I will be sure to let you know. Then about 6 or so days later it happened, I sent her a copy of my current title as part of finishing my trade-in stuff and she says good news! It’s now looking like your car could be in PA by 4/28...and if so...the earliest we could schedule your delivery would be 4/30.
I was excited by the great news! Even updated my signature.
Then it happens, I sent an email request for an update and she replied today that the car has shipped and is on its way to you ... as we expected to ready for you by 5/2.
Uggggh.
Bottom line after some back and forth (all emails) about what happened to 4/30 is that I can expect my car around the end of the month and we can schedule the final delivery once it arrives. Time is going so slow I can’t stand it.