Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3/22/2018 New M3 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am probably going simpler (cheaper) than that, just a ceramic coating on the front bumper and quarter panels. The shop said that would be "around $1,200" but I don't have the precise details yet.

I have a feeling that this particular shop is on the higher end of pricing as it's one of the few "Tesla approved" body shops in New York City. When my original pick-up date was cancelled due to the detailers finding a paint chip on the door, this is the shop they brought the car to. And I have to say I saw no evidence of the repair.
If you don't mind, could you share the shop info?

Will be looking for quotes in the area myself.

I can assure you that getting your VIN will only be temporary relief to the waiting. My 3/22 config was assigned a VIN on 4/15 and NOTHING has changed. Not an email or phone call from my ISA....That was 11 very LONG days ago .. And there is nothing I can do. I can't even hit F5 anywhere to look for progress So while my VIN might be the next wicket, it has made checking for progress impossible :/

I can assure you that getting your VIN will only be temporary relief to the waiting. My 3/22 config was assigned a VIN on 4/15 and NOTHING has changed. Not an email or phone call from my ISA....That was 11 very LONG days ago .. And there is nothing I can do. I can't even hit F5 anywhere to look for progress So while my VIN might be the next wicket, it has made checking for progress impossible :/
Have you tried calling in?

Reactions: Asad1087
Officially received delivery on Thursday (4-26) but the obvious paint chip was a no go (so up to a 2-week wait for the fix). That, plus the various hairline scratches on the hood, the driver's door, and elsewhere make me wonder how well these are handled. Panel alignment is also not perfect.

Actually I finally received my vin for my 3/22 configuration on April 26th contrary to what you said I was very happy.
But today my vin disappeared! So after all you were right and the happiness was temporary
This buying experience has been the most frastrating car buying experience I have ever had and I have had pretty bad ones.
If I didn’t have $5000 into this deal I would out at this point

Thanks for rubbing it in :(

Still not even a VIN here. Tomorrow marks 5 weeks from config (MSM 18" [apparently the choice that gets you longest wait]). Currently driving a 2000 Honda civic with 300k miles that burns more oil than gas. Up for air emission by the end of May with no chance of passing.

At this point, $3.5k into the car, I have no choice but to wait. I even have my first payment coming up in Mid-May as I had to receive the deposit from the bank or forfeit my great rate!

The wait is getting a bit ridiculous at this point...

Thanks for rubbing it in :(

Still not even a VIN here. Tomorrow marks 5 weeks from config (MSM 18" [apparently the choice that gets you longest wait]). Currently driving a 2000 Honda civic with 300k miles that burns more oil than gas. Up for air emission by the end of May with no chance of passing.

At this point, $3.5k into the car, I have no choice but to wait. I even have my first payment coming up in Mid-May as I had to receive the deposit from the bank or forfeit my great rate!

The wait is getting a bit ridiculous at this point...

Damn, I thought my car was old.. I'm driving a 2002 Mazda, only 177k miles. Waiting 5 weeks 3 days for MSM. I didn't get my loan yet.. so rates are going to keep going. Definitely getting frustrating.

Yeah, I config'd on 3/24 and it's been a long wait. I *finally* got a call back from Tesla last week saying that the Dedham, MA store should get the car by May 9th! Then it's going to take time to get to me in NH! I'm going to find out if there's a way to go down and pick it up there despite being a NH resident (I'll have to find a way to bring temp plates with me) as it would appear that the Dedham store is walking distance from a commuter rail stop.