Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3/22/2018 New M3 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally!!!!!!!!!

3/31 - Day 1 line waiter, Raleigh NC
Invite - 3/22
Config - 3/23 - MSM, EAP, AREO
VIN # - 141xx. (got on May 1st)
Delivery - Not known yet

Anyone know why VIN is so low..

Not that low. I got my VIN assigned 3/23 and it was 073XX. But mine was probably already built when I configured my car, so maybe it was reassigned?

I think they assign VINS in pools and then decide where and when to ship them later based on the specific manufacturing batch and options ordered.

Reactions: Asad1087
While I may have officially taken "delivery" of my blue metallic beast last Thursday, I still have at least another 1-1/2 weeks of body work to address a paint chip, multiple surface/hairline scratches, panel misalignment, and detaching weather stripping before I get the chance to even drive it off the lot. The local repair body shop (Service King) manager tells me he repairs 10 Teslas a day (apparently, this is more economical for Tesla than mucking up the production flow to attain consistent perfection). :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: UZJedi
Today is the completion of the 6th week.
I had VIN assigned 4/26 and disappeared 4/27. Still no ViN.
MSM
EAP
19”
AM line waiter
Southern Cal
Have called tesla several times but they say 3-6 week is an estimate and I have to wait.
Am I the only one left on the 3/22 configurations with no VIN?

Today is the completion of the 6th week.
I had VIN assigned 4/26 and disappeared 4/27. Still no ViN.
MSM
EAP
19”
AM line waiter
Southern Cal
Have called tesla several times but they say 3-6 week is an estimate and I have to wait.
Am I the only one left on the 3/22 configurations with no VIN?
I waited to configure on 3/28, other than that everything else is the same. Still no VIN, I would be livid(first world yada yada) if I finally got one and it disappeared. It doesn't seem to be that rare unfortunately.

I waited to configure on 3/28, other than that everything else is the same. Still no VIN, I would be livid(first world yada yada) if I finally got one and it disappeared. It doesn't seem to be that rare unfortunately.
At this point I’m not very excited about the car anymore
If they would refund my money I would take it not because it’s the right thing for me but it’s the right thing when I feel they don’t care and they don’t have a good system to fill their orders in cronological manner and they tell me they took my VIN away to give me a delivery date that I get my car the soonest. I think I would be driving my car by now if they had honored my Arpril 26th VIN

• Informative
Reactions: Drax

Looking at the data, I would bet they differed your car to WA. The tracker shows a huge emphasis on WA and Canada deliveries which are deviating from the standard time lines. Just posted my thoughts in the MSM thread, but I'll be 6 weeks since config on Sunday. Guess my money isn't the right flavor :/.

Oh, hi. Not sure when my invite came in. I was randomly poking around on the site and it said your car is ready to configure, around 3/22. It was so weird, they didn't bother to email me. I was wondering what was going on, but finally got an email about it around 3/26. Struck me as odd, don't they WANT me to configure a car? :)

Still undecided but will likely pull the trigger in the next couple of weeks.

Stanford Tesla store line person, etc etc.