Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3-4 Week Delivery Legit for MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys thinking about getting a MYP. Used to have a 2020 M3P but had to sell due to Covid-related circumstances. Tesla.com says 3-4 week delivery and of course when I put my inquiry in I was getting texts from Tesla sales rep. They confirmed the 3-4 week delivery. I asked why the Long Range were saying January delivery but the Performance 3-4 weeks...her response was something about the M3 and MY performance models were just what was coming up from a production stand point. Thoughts/comments?

Makes sense, I had originally ordered a MYLR late July, dates bounced all over the place then I changed it to MYP last week of August and had it delivered 3 weeks later to my door! A coworkers has a 7 seater MYLR on order since just before me and was just given a January date this week... We are in SoCal

So we ordered YP, Tuesday, It was Made in Fremont Ca. on Wednesday, and arrived in Vegas on Saturday afternoon.
Ordered Tuesday morning 9/14 with a "November" estimated delivery and Thursday I get the VIN and Delivery Date of Monday, 9/20. Tesla called and asked if I wanted today.

So a 5-Day Delivery in Driveway in Las Vegas from New Model Y Performance, White/ White. I had the sales rep check the mfg. date to insure was not older run. It was manufactured on Wednesday.

Reactions: ricko24
So we ordered YP, Tuesday, It was Made in Fremont Ca. on Wednesday, and arrived in Vegas on Saturday afternoon.
Ordered Tuesday morning 9/14 with a "November" estimated delivery and Thursday I get the VIN and Delivery Date of Monday, 9/20. Tesla called and asked if I wanted today.

So a 5-Day Delivery in Driveway in Las Vegas from New Model Y Performance, White/ White. I had the sales rep check the mfg. date to insure was not older run. It was manufactured on Wednesday.
What…

Thanks for the replies...I ended up pulling the trigger on 9/6 for a MYP, Black/Black, no FSD or tow. My EDD is 9/20-9/30. No VIN yet but I suspect traction will be gained this week. If it happens by 9/30 then the original estimate of 3-4 weeks will hold true.

Reactions: jebinc