TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

$3,500 credit in lieu of Powerwall awarded from the first referral program

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by KKinNJ, Nov 13, 2016.

1. KKinNJ

KKinNJ New Member

This question is for those owners who made 5+ referrals and were awarded a free Powerwall last year. In February we received an email with a link to the survey asking us to choose between
    1) Powerwall with installation at some future date or
    2) $3,500 Tesla credit.

I originally chose the Powerwall, but I still haven't been contacted for the installation. I recently contacted Tesla inquiring about getting the $3500 credit instead and was told that I can get the credit, but the credit can only be used for another Tesla Energy product - not on my Model S.

So, here is my question to you. If you chose the credit were you able to use it for your Model S/X, accessories, etc?

Did anyone do what I'm trying to do - i.e chose the Powerwall, but later changed their mind and received the credit? Were you able to use it for your car?

Thank you all...

2. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

I chose the credit when first offered, I haven't used it yet, but it does expire 12/31/16. I pinged Tesla last week and told them I wanted to use it for Extended Warranty, awaiting a call back to close that. At first I wasn't sure what to use it for, but it did state it could be used on a New or CPO Tesla (S or X), Accessories, Service agreement or Warranty.