Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$3,500 credit in lieu of Powerwall awarded from the first referral program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This question is for those owners who made 5+ referrals and were awarded a free Powerwall last year. In February we received an email with a link to the survey asking us to choose between
1) Powerwall with installation at some future date or
2) $3,500 Tesla credit.

I originally chose the Powerwall, but I still haven't been contacted for the installation. I recently contacted Tesla inquiring about getting the $3500 credit instead and was told that I can get the credit, but the credit can only be used for another Tesla Energy product - not on my Model S.

So, here is my question to you. If you chose the credit were you able to use it for your Model S/X, accessories, etc?

Did anyone do what I'm trying to do - i.e chose the Powerwall, but later changed their mind and received the credit? Were you able to use it for your car?

Thank you all...

I chose the credit when first offered, I haven't used it yet, but it does expire 12/31/16. I pinged Tesla last week and told them I wanted to use it for Extended Warranty, awaiting a call back to close that. At first I wasn't sure what to use it for, but it did state it could be used on a New or CPO Tesla (S or X), Accessories, Service agreement or Warranty.