TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

3/8 top menu image

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by gregincal, Mar 8, 2013.

1. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

I saw the new image and came here to see all the excellent analysis, only to find there isn't even a thread started! Quote from Elon musk with some letters changed.

2. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Attached pic here, since Chrome is so overly aggressive about caching images and you still have the old one showing and are too lazy to press f5.

drop.png

- - - Updated - - -

There are some very small punctuation at the bottom. Here is part of an HTTP ://

New Picture (1).png

Also note there is an 'S' that is partially filled. Will have to figure out what the outline/fill significance is.

3. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

I think that's just the apostrophe for "it's", but that still doesn't explain why it's overlapped with the 'S'.

Here's the letters split out between outline and fill, with the smaller font punctuation included on both lines.

Code:
    [FONT=courier new]PE     WI L  UY  HE     J://UST   .C   E  T S A G/R AT C/945 R     W
      OPLE   L  B   T   CAR  ://    BE. AUS  I '       E    /945A . WE [/FONT]

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Upper case vs Lower Case.
    Solid vs Outline.
    Italicized or Not.
    Lots of permutations could be used for bit values...

Assuming that there should be HTTP before the :// then we could start by trying to figure out how this could be interpreted as "HTTP" :
    http1.jpg

5. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Worth looking at, but it appears to be part of the font.

Outlined letters (with relative punctuaition and numbers in position): PEWIL UYHEJ :// UST . CE TSAG / R ATC /945 R . W

It appears that the number of outlined letters and the total number of characters between the :// and the start of italics is the same (25 each). I am thinking an anagram here.

I think we are supposed to just assume the "HTTP://" part and start after it. I am expecting an anagram of the outlined letters should fit the punctuation and numbers up until the italics. The problem is there is no 'O' in the outlined letters so no '.org' or '.com' at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the breakdown of letters

:// _ _ _ _ _ . _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / 945 _ _ . _ _ _

Also no "N" in the outline letters either so no '.net'.

- - - Updated - - -

There are only 20 filled letters before the italics start.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I don't think my anagram idea is a good one. I can't seem to come up with a TLD that could work. No 'N' 'O' pretty much ax anything that can work. And .biz, .edu, .mil, and .xxx all don't fit the letter set.

The only one that could work is .tel but it would kill "Tesla" and has specific requirements about interfacing with the telephone network.

6. rlpm

rlpm S P85 | Sig X _P90D_

What about a two-letter country code TLD? Lots of shorteners to use there.

Also, perhaps moving the apostrophe onto the letter S makes it an outlined number 5?

7. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

Teslive has a new profile pic. Someone care to try to enhance that pic. TEG?

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Each letter is only present in upper or lower case throughout the message. No capital T, no lowercase E.

Thus, I think we can rule out case as part of the decoding process.

9. PV-EV

PV-EV Member

I tried squinting really hard and it kinda looks like it starts with 'TMC Presents' Hopefully TEG can do better.

10. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I am squinting just like you... Maybe "TMC Presents / TESLIVE / In Association with / Tesla Motors" ?

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Link to the squint picture? Ah, you meant on TMC. Found it.

12. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

#12 Johan, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
    Solved almost:

http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/baconian.php

Baconian cipher

The part before :// becomes HTTP when entered with outlines=A and solids=B: AABBBBAABABAABAABBBA

the next part i get to be d.pr which redirects to Droplr Hello (filesharing site). But can't quite getvthe last bit right... I think it comes to http://d.pr/i/945y but nothing there, tried .jpg also etc. Someone else try? I'm on iPad so it takes for ever... Desktop broke down :( Damn you ASUS motherboard

13. Johan

#13 Johan, Mar 9, 2013
    On track... It must be a d.pr/i/ link. From their site:

14. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#14 brianman, Mar 9, 2013
  15. Johan

Oh, capital "Y", not "y"... So close ;)

Anyway, my guess is That's more Baconian. I'd mirror the image and type it into a decoder... If I just had my computer working! Bah...

16. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Using the same decoding, I don't get much out of the first line:
    Code:
    AABAABBBAABBAAB ABBBABBAAB ABAABAABAAAAABBAABAA BAAAB AABABABBBAAAABB BABBAAABAABBBBAABBBA BBABABBABAAAABAABBAB BABBAAABAAAABBAAAAAABABBAAAABABBABAABABABA
    Code:
    E P KEDE S FPD YEP CO YEGAYCL

17. Johan

That's NOT Norwegian, nor Swedish :)

18. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#18 brianman, Mar 9, 2013
    I think I got it, but I gotta type it all out.

1. Flip the image horizontally
    2. Zoom to 50% (MsPaint)
    3. Transcribe with Notepad using Consolas @ 10pt
    4. Decode with Decrypt / Distinct Codes

Code:
    ABABAABABBABAAAABBABAAAAAABBAAAABAAABBAB BABBAABAAAABABBABABB ABBBAABBBBAABAAABBAB BBAAAABBBABABAABAAAB AABAABBAAAAABAABAABA BAABBABBBA BAABBAABBBAABAA
    ABBBBABBBABAABABAABAABAAAAAAABABAAAABABBABAAABAABBABAAAAABAABAABA ABBABABAAAAAABAABABA BAABAAAAAAAABABAABAA BAABBBAAABAAAAABABABAABAAABABBBAABA BAABBABBBA
    BAABBAABBBAABAA ABBAAAAAAABAABABAABBAABAABAAAB BAABA BABBAAAAAABAAABBAAABAABAAABBAB BBAAAABBBABABAABAAAB AAABBABAAABAABAAAABAABBBABABABAABAABAAABBBAAA
    BAABAABBBABABAAABBABAAABBBAABA ABAAAABBABBAABBAABAABAAABAABAABAABABAABBABAAAABBABAABBA AAAABBABAABAABB BBAAAABBBABABAA BAAABAABAAAAAAAABABBABABBBBAAA
    ABBAAA-BAAAAABBAAABBBBAABB AAAABAABAA ABBAAABBBABAAABAABAA AABAABABBBAAABAABAAABAABBAABAAAAABB AAAAAAAAABABBBABABAABAABB AABBAAABAABAABBBAABBABAAAABBABAABBA
    AABBBAABAA-BAAABAABAA AAAAABAABA ABBBABABAABAAAB AABBAAAAAABAABBAABBBAABAABAAABABAAAABBABAABBA AABABABBBABAAAB AAAABBABAAABAAAABABBAAABBABAAAABBABAABBA BAABBAABBBAABAA
    BAABBBAAABAAAAAABBABBAABAABBAAABAAABAABABAABAABAAAABBBAABBAB AABBBAAAAABAABA AABBAABBBABAABB ABAABBABAABAABABAABB AAAAA AAAABABAAAAABBA ABAABABBBAABABBBAABB
    BABBAAABAA AABBBAAAAABABABAABAA AAAABAABAAAABAAABBAB BAABBAAAAAABABBABABAABAAAABBABAABBA BAABBABBBA BAABBAABAABAABAABABBAAAAA ABBAAABBBABAABBABBBABAAABBAABA
    AAAAAABBABAAABB BAABBAABBBAABAABBAAA AABBBAAAAABABABAABAA AAAAAAABBABAAABAABAAAABAAAAABB BAABBABBBA ABBBBAAAAABAAABBAABBABBABAABAABAAAB ABAAAABBAB
    BAABBAABBBA-BAAABAABA AABAABABBBAAABAABABBBABAABAABAABAAABABABAABAA BABAABAABAAABAABAAAB AABBAAABAABAABB BAABBABBBAAABBAAABAABAABBAABBBAABAABAAAB BABBAAABAA
    ABBABAABAAAA-BAAAAABB AAABAAABAABAAABBAABBAAAAAABAAAABBAB AAAAAABBAAABBBABABAAABBABBAABB ABBBAAABAB ABBBBAABAAABBBAABBBBABABBAABAA BAABBABBBA AAAABBABAAABAAAABABBAAABB
    ABBBABABAABAAAB BAABBBAAABAAAAAABBABBAABAABBAAABAAABAABABAABAABAAAABBBAABBAB AAAAAABBABAAABB AAAAAAABABBAABBAABAABAAAB
    AAABBABAAABAABAAAABABABAABAABABAABAA-BAAAABBABAABBA ABBAAAAAAAABBABBBAAA ABAAAAAABBAABAAAAAAABAABA ABBBAAABAB BABBAAABBBAAAAABAABB ABBAAABAAAAABBAAABBBBAABB AAAABAABAA ABBBAAABAB
    ABAAAABBABBAABBAA-BAABAAABAABAABAABABAABB BAABBABBBA BAABBAABBBAABAA BAABBAABAABAABAABABBAAAAA AAABAABBBAABBAAABBAABABAAABBABABAAABAABBBBAAA BABBAAABAA
    BAABBAABBBABBBABABAAAAB-BAAABBBBAABB ABAAABAABB ABBAAABAAAAABBAAABBBBAABB AAAABAABAABAABABAABB BAABBABBBA AAAAABAABAABABA BAABBAABBBAABAA BAABBABAAAABBAAAABAA
    ABBAAAAAAAABBABAAAAAAAB-BAAABAAABBAAAABAAABBABBAABB AAABAABABBABBBAAAABAABABA ABBBBAABAAABBBAABBBBABABBAABAA ABAAAABBAB ABBBBAABBBAAAAABAABAAABAA ABBBAABBABAABAA BABBAAABAA
    AAAAABAA-BAABABA BBAAAABBBABABAA AAAAABAAABAABAA BAABBBAAABAAAAABABABAABAAABABBABAAAABBABAABBA AAAAA ABABBABBBAABBABAABBA BABBAAAAAABBAAA BAABBABBBA BAABBAABBBAABAA
    BAABBBAAABAAAAAABBABBAABAABBAAABAAABAABABAABAABAAAABBBAABBAB BABBAAABBBAAAAABAABB AAAAAAAABABAABBABAAABABABABAAABAABBABAAAAABAABAABA ABBBABAAAB
    BAABBAABAABAA-BAABABBAAAAA BAAABAABAAABABBAAAAABAABBAABAAAAABB BAABAABAAAAABBAAABBBBAABBBAABA BABBAABBBABABAAABABBAAABB AABABAAAAABAABAAAABAABAAAABBABAAAAABAABBAABAA
    AAAAAABBABAAABB AABAABABBBAAABAABAAABAABBAABAA BBAAAABBBABABAA AAAAABAABB BAABBAABBBAABAA AABAAABBABAAABB ABBBAAABAB BBAAAABBBABABAABAAAB
    ABAABABBBABABAA-BAAABABBABAABAABBAAA BBAAAABBBABABAA BABBAABAAAABABBABABB AABABABAAAABBABAAABB BAABBAABBBAABAA BAABBBAAABAAAAAABBABBAABAABBAAABAAABAABABAABAABAAAABBBAABBAB
    BABBAABAAAABABBABABB AABBBAAAAABABABAABAA ABABBBABAAABBAAABAAAABBABAAAAABAAABABAAAAABAABAABA AABABBAAABABBBAABBAA BAABBAABBBAABAA BAABBAABAABAABAABABBAAAAA
    BABBAABBBABAAABABABBAAABB ABBBAABBAB BAABABAABBAAAAAAABBAAABAA BABBAAABBBABBBA AAABBABBBA BBAAAABBBABABAA BABBAAAAAAABBABBAABB BAABBABBBA BAABAAABAAAABAA
    AAAAAABBABAAABB BABBAAABBBAAAAABAABB BABBAABBBABABAAABABBAAABB ABABBABAAAABABAAABAA BAABBAABBBAABAAABBAA BAABBABBBA ABBBABAAABAAAAABAABBAABAA ABBBAABBAB
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]ABBBAABBABAABAA BAABBAABBBABAAAABBABAABBA BABBAAABAA AAABBABBBA ABABAABBABABBBABABBA ABAAABAAB[U]B[/U] BAABBAABBBAAAAABAABB BAABBAABBBAABAABAAABAABAA[/COLOR]
    BABBAA-BAAAABABBABABB AAAABAABAA BAAABAABAABABBAAAAAABAAABAAABBBAABA AABBAABAAABABABAABAAABBAB AABABABBBABAAAB BAABBAABBBABBBABAABAAABAA BABBAAABBBABBBA
    ABBBBAAAAABAAAB-BAABBABAAAAAABAABAAAABBBBAAAAABAABBAABAA ABAAAABBAB BAABBAABBBAABAA AAAAAAAABABAABBABAAABABABABAAABAABBABAAAAABAABAABA ABABBAABAAAAAAAAAABBABAAAABBABAABBA
    BABAAABBBB BAABBABBBA BAABBAABBBAABAA AABBAAAAAABAABBAABBBAABAABAAABABAAAABBABAABBA BABBAABAAABAABBAABBB BAABBAABAABAABAABABBAAAAA BAABA
    ABBBBAAAAABAAABBAABBA-BAAAAAABAABAAAABBBBAAAAABAABBABAAAABBBAABBAB BAABBAABBBABAAAABBABAABBABAABA ABAABBABAABAABABAABB AABBAABBBABAABB AAAAA ABABBABAAABAABBBAABBABABBAABAA
    ABBAAABBBA-BAAABAABAA ABAAAABBABBAABBAABAABAAABAABAABAABABAABBABAAAABBABAABBA

Code:
    KLINAMEN WILL OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE
    POSSIBILITIES NICK SAFE TRAVELS TO
    THE MASTER S WARREN YOUR DISCOVERY
    SOUNDS INTERESTING BUT YOU REALLY
    MIGHT BE MORE EXCITED ABOUT GETTING
    HERE AS OUR GATHERING FOR BUILDING THE
    TRANSMISSION HAS GOT JUST A BIG JOLT
    WE HAVE BEEN TALKING TO TESLA MOTORS
    AND THEY HAVE AGREED TO PARTNER IN
    THIS EXCLUSIVE USER GET TOGETHER WE 
    NEED CERTAIN AMOUNT OF PEOPLE TO BUILD
    OUR TRANSMISSION AND AFTER
    DISCUSSING MANY IDEAS OF WHAT MIGHT BE OF
    INTEREST TO THE TESLA COMMUNITY WE
    THOUGHT IT MIGHT BEST TO ASK THE TIME
    MANAGEMENT CLOCK PEOPLE IN PHASE ONE WE
    ASK YOU ARE TRAVELING A LONG WAY TO THE
    TRANSMISSION WHAT ACTIVITIES OR
    TESLA RELATED SIGHTS WOULD FASCINATE
    AND EXCITE YOU AT THE END OF YOUR
    JOURNEY YOU WILL FIND THE TRANSMISSION
    WILL HAVE LUMINARIES FROM THE TESLA
    WORLD ON STAGE WHO DO YOU WANT TO SEE
    AND WHAT WOULD LIKE THEM TO ORATE ON
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]ONE THING WE DO KNOW I[U]T[/U] THAT THERE[/COLOR]
    WILL BE REWARDS GIVEN FOR THOSE WHO
    PARTICIPATE IN THE ACTIVITIES LEADING
    UP TO THE GATHERING WITH TESLA S
    PARTICIPATION THINGS JUST GOT A LITTLE
    MORE INTERESTING

In the red line, the "IT" should be "IS" (see the underlined character) is clearly a typo that then got encoded. Other than that it came out clean, it seems.

19. Johan

So was the new TESLIVE profile pic somehow a reference to Bacon???

20. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

TMC Presents
    TESLIVE
    in Partnership With
    Tesla Motors​