Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 across with BACKLESS booster seats doable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My three kids are in backless booster seats. Has anyone figured this out? I've searched all around and every discussion talks about younger kid type car seats. My kids are using the backless booster which are impossible for them to buckle themselves in. It's even hard for me to do it because the center seat covers over the seat belt socket.

I was going to get seat belt extenders but I was told by the extender company that using them with booster seats is not recomended.

If anyone figured out a solution it would be much appreciated. Just got the M3 last week and I'm really enjoying the car. Nothing like any car I've ever owned as you all know!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Due to the placement of the belt receptacles, having 3 across and self-buckling is going to be difficult. I have 2 full car seats on either side, with a backless booster in the middle and my eldest (7) is barely able to buckle herself in due to the tight clearance between seats. I do use an extender, and I don't see why it would be a problem as long as the extender doesn't come up above the base of the booster.

I think it's totally doable if you're willing to use the extenders. Just get the shortest ones they offer (I believe mine is 5"?)

Due to the placement of the belt receptacles, having 3 across and self-buckling is going to be difficult. I have 2 full car seats on either side, with a backless booster in the middle and my eldest (7) is barely able to buckle herself in due to the tight clearance between seats. I do use an extender, and I don't see why it would be a problem as long as the extender doesn't come up above the base of the booster.

I think it's totally doable if you're willing to use the extenders. Just get the shortest ones they offer (I believe mine is 5"?)

My three kids are in backless booster seats. Has anyone figured this out? I've searched all around and every discussion talks about younger kid type car seats. My kids are using the backless booster which are impossible for them to buckle themselves in. It's even hard for me to do it because the center seat covers over the seat belt socket.

I was going to get seat belt extenders but I was told by the extender company that using them with booster seats is not recomended.

If anyone figured out a solution it would be much appreciated. Just got the M3 last week and I'm really enjoying the car. Nothing like any car I've ever owned as you all know!

Happy Thanksgiving!
they make narrow convertible seats and high back boosters but i don't know if there are any backless boosters that are specifically designed to be narrow. honestly, the backless booster is only serving the purpose of positioning the child so that the should strap is in the correct location (ie not on their neck). so any $20 booster would do. heck you could use towels.