TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

3 Beep alarm!

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by bikeandsail, Feb 16, 2017.

1. bikeandsail

bikeandsail Member

On a short drive yesterday I got a 3 beep alarm. I sounded like it was coming from the drivers door and sounded like the door alarm. It occurred while on a short drive with no notifications on the dash or 17 inch screen. It repeated about 3 times in a 5 mile drive. The doors and everything else indicated no problems. It did not occur on the return drive.

Anyone ever experience this?

2. XP90D

XP90D Member

What was your speed? May have been the audible chime that you have exceeded your upper speed limit offset.

3. bikeandsail

bikeandsail Member

Speed was probably 40 mph and cruising no logical reason why alarm should be going off.

4. Nosken

Nosken Member

I think I had this yesterday, it came out of the blue, and only happened one time. No visible warning signs, and it only happened once.

5. llavalle

llavalle Member

Somewhere around Montreal in Quebec, Canada
    Make sure you're not hitting the frunk or trunk button on the remote while it's in your pant's pocket. The 3 beep alarm is when you try to open the trunk of frunk and the car is not in Park.

• Informative x 1
  6. bikeandsail

bikeandsail Member

I tried the frunk button in drive and got an alarm on the dash, not the same alarm.

7. llavalle

llavalle Member

Humm,

Was it a very fast 3 beep, the same you would get when you try to enable auto steer or tacc without radar or lane visibility? This "Ap Not Available" alarm lasts less than 1sec and sounds like "beep-beep-beep".

The other alarm I was referring to lasts 1-2sec and sounds like "ding ... pause ... ding .. pause .. ding"

Check around ~25sec on that video :

did it sound like that?

8. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

I heard the same thing yesterday from my P90D Model X, but the car was parked and I was exiting the driver's side door after my wife had already exited the passenger door. Never heard that alert before in the year we've had the car.

9. bikeandsail

bikeandsail Member

Slow beep over about 1-2 seconds.

10. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

I too got several of the three-quick-beep alerts. No discernible (to me) reason. It sounds just like the both pedals pressed warning.... but I think it's a bug of some kind.

11. llavalle

llavalle Member

You guys noticed anything else after the beeps? I've had a weird issue when I get the alert chime then LTE & BT disconnects.. some kind of internal crash.

12. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

My car needed a new door latch because the door kept thinking it was opened while driving. The next time it happens you might see the warning on the IP if you look quickly enough.

13. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Supporting Member

I've been getting the three beep warning frequently since the last OTA update. The scenario is I put the car in park, unfasten my seatbelt, and open the driver's door -- beep beep beep. It seems to happen when someone is in the passenger seat and I get out first.

I just ignore it now, but of course that's dangerous if I become accustomed to ignoring three beeps...

14. Reekdog

Reekdog Member

You also get a three beep alert if you inadvertently press both pedals at the same time.

15. SSD420

SSD420 Member

Yes. What's that?

16. ATC@LWSK

I've had that happen on my Model S today twice, no visual warnings on the dash, but I noticed my odometer resets to 0 for about 10 seconds, and the PASS AIRBAG OFF warning shows briefly on the 17in screen status bar. I updated to sw 17.6.15 yesterday.

17. llavalle

llavalle Member

Looks like we're all experiencing the same issue. If you look carefully, the LTE/3G connection will drop. If you were streaming audio on BT, it'll drop. The odometer will possibly switch to 0 and back. Next time, put your blinker on right away and you won't hear the blinker sound because the audio system is restarting. If you run the steering in "comfort", you'll also feel the change in assistance and it fall back to sport and comfort again (for less than 2-3sec).

I've had someone look at the logs and it appears some internal service running on the CID (center information display, the 17in screen's computer) crashes and it reboots a bunch of stuff in the car. During the reboot, the car plays an alert chime, the short, 3 beep in my video.

I've reached out to Tesla about that 3 times now. They apparently fetched the logs. I don't know if they are looking into it.

What's really odd about my case is it always happens at a 5min interval. At 9:10, or 11:45. Never at 7:18. Always at a multiple of 5 minutes. Did any of you notice anything like that, timing wise ? It might help them narrow down the problem. There might be a process running every 5min on the car...

• Informative x 3
  18. FoxXxy

FoxXxy Member

I believe this happens to me when I get out of my car, leave the door open, and press the fob lock spot (top) only once. Not sure if it's the same three beep alarm everyone else is describing.

19. bikeandsail

bikeandsail Member

I had a second one time occurance since the first. Only one time this time while driving or no obvious reason!

20. JCBX

JCBX New Member

Did anyone find the problem and or the solution

I had my TMS running into these problems here the last 3-4 weeks and Tesla service cant figure it out

I do have all the above mentioned problems plus a bunch more