Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a short drive yesterday I got a 3 beep alarm. I sounded like it was coming from the drivers door and sounded like the door alarm. It occurred while on a short drive with no notifications on the dash or 17 inch screen. It repeated about 3 times in a 5 mile drive. The doors and everything else indicated no problems. It did not occur on the return drive.

Anyone ever experience this?

Humm,

Was it a very fast 3 beep, the same you would get when you try to enable auto steer or tacc without radar or lane visibility? This "Ap Not Available" alarm lasts less than 1sec and sounds like "beep-beep-beep".

The other alarm I was referring to lasts 1-2sec and sounds like "ding ... pause ... ding .. pause .. ding"

Check around ~25sec on that video :

did it sound like that?

I've been getting the three beep warning frequently since the last OTA update. The scenario is I put the car in park, unfasten my seatbelt, and open the driver's door -- beep beep beep. It seems to happen when someone is in the passenger seat and I get out first.

I just ignore it now, but of course that's dangerous if I become accustomed to ignoring three beeps...

Humm,

Was it a very fast 3 beep, the same you would get when you try to enable auto steer or tacc without radar or lane visibility? This "Ap Not Available" alarm lasts less than 1sec and sounds like "beep-beep-beep".

The other alarm I was referring to lasts 1-2sec and sounds like "ding ... pause ... ding .. pause .. ding"

Check around ~25sec on that video :

did it sound like that?
Yes. What's that?

Looks like we're all experiencing the same issue. If you look carefully, the LTE/3G connection will drop. If you were streaming audio on BT, it'll drop. The odometer will possibly switch to 0 and back. Next time, put your blinker on right away and you won't hear the blinker sound because the audio system is restarting. If you run the steering in "comfort", you'll also feel the change in assistance and it fall back to sport and comfort again (for less than 2-3sec).

I've had someone look at the logs and it appears some internal service running on the CID (center information display, the 17in screen's computer) crashes and it reboots a bunch of stuff in the car. During the reboot, the car plays an alert chime, the short, 3 beep in my video.

I've reached out to Tesla about that 3 times now. They apparently fetched the logs. I don't know if they are looking into it.

What's really odd about my case is it always happens at a 5min interval. At 9:10, or 11:45. Never at 7:18. Always at a multiple of 5 minutes. Did any of you notice anything like that, timing wise ? It might help them narrow down the problem. There might be a process running every 5min on the car...

On a short drive yesterday I got a 3 beep alarm. I sounded like it was coming from the drivers door and sounded like the door alarm. It occurred while on a short drive with no notifications on the dash or 17 inch screen. It repeated about 3 times in a 5 mile drive. The doors and everything else indicated no problems. It did not occur on the return drive.

Anyone ever experience this?
I had a second one time occurance since the first. Only one time this time while driving or no obvious reason!

Did anyone find the problem and or the solution

I had my TMS running into these problems here the last 3-4 weeks and Tesla service cant figure it out

I do have all the above mentioned problems plus a bunch more