Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 child car seats on the rear bench

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. I'm planning on getting a model with the rear facing seats. I've got two kids in permanent car seats with a third on the way. My question was whether anyone has got three car seats to fit onto the rear bench.
A quick Google search did say that two full size seats and a booster is possible but I was wondering if anyone had got three seats (a mix of forward facing group 1 and 2 seats) to fit side by side.
I figured the rear facing seats would be good for day to day use but when I need the boot space for long journeys, it would be nice to have all 3 kids sitting comfortably in one row

Started with 2 facing rear and one forward before facing all 3 forward. The tether that attaches to the front seat frame was a bit challenging to get in place but completely do-able

We have Diono Radian RXTs for the convertibles and had Chico keyfit 30's for the click connect to bases. This setup fit fine in my prior Honda Accord and the Tesla is bigger so It should work no problem in the tesla

Only issue we had was no place to secure a mirror and with that there was no visibility to a mirror. There was a recent post where someone had an electronic baby monitor wired up in the car to keep an eye on their rear facing baby.

IMG_0074.JPG
IMG_0266.JPG

Started with 2 facing rear and one forward before facing all 3 forward. The tether that attaches to the front seat frame was a bit challenging to get in place but completely do-able

We have Diono Radian RXTs for the convertibles and had Chico keyfit 30's for the click connect to bases. This setup fit fine in my prior Honda Accord and the Tesla is bigger so It should work no problem in the tesla

Only issue we had was no place to secure a mirror and with that there was no visibility to a mirror. There was a recent post where someone had an electronic baby monitor wired up in the car to keep an eye on their rear facing baby.

View attachment 196544 View attachment 196545
I think that one picture alone just sold my wife in the idea. Thank you so much

It you have a newer MS this will not work due to the higher headrests. The headrests are a disaster for those of us with 2 or more kids in booster/child seats. We tried the seats in the photo in the 70D could not get them to work. Returned the seats and had to try many, many others until we found a combination that would work (forward facing seats). The seats we have are to wide to allow a third anything in the middle. Good luck. Post your solution.

The top of the seat is really jammed into the headrest and this is the limit that I can achieve.

childseat.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn