Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 child Seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, we are considering placing an order for a Model Y, haven't actually been able to go and see one yet, our question is can you fit 3 child seats across the back row? We have 2 rear facing and one slimline forward facing seat. If anyone has done this or has a measurement for width of the rear seat row it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello, we are considering placing an order for a Model Y, haven't actually been able to go and see one yet, our question is can you fit 3 child seats across the back row? We have 2 rear facing and one slimline forward facing seat. If anyone has done this or has a measurement for width of the rear seat row it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Yes, we have 3 seats across the back row. Actually we currently have two boosters and a forward facing child seat but the boosters are as wide as the car seat. One of the boosters is a high-back type.

If I were you, I would put the forward facing seat in the middle and the rear facing seats by the windows. Some car seat backs are actually wider than the base and so you wouldn't have an issue with that in this configuration.

Just remember the windows seats have child seat latches while the center seat does not.

Upvote 0
Yes, we have 3 seats across the back row. Actually we currently have two boosters and a forward facing child seat but the boosters are as wide as the car seat. One of the boosters is a high-back type.

If I were you, I would put the forward facing seat in the middle and the rear facing seats by the windows. Some car seat backs are actually wider than the base and so you wouldn't have an issue with that in this configuration.

Just remember the windows seats have child seat latches while the center seat does not.
Thanks for the information it really helps a lot 👍

Upvote 0
Thanks for the information it really helps a lot 👍
No problem and if you elect to get a 7-seater you can easily fit two car seats back there. We have actually had 5 seats in the car at one time...all the kids want to ride in the Tesla lol. It's easiest to get the third row kids in through the rear hatch when the second row is full of car seats.

There is a tilt function on the second row allowing access to third row even with a car seat but I also have a full second row seat cover preventing one seat from tilting while the others remain in place.

Upvote 0
No problem and if you elect to get a 7-seater you can easily fit two car seats back there. We have actually had 5 seats in the car at one time...all the kids want to ride in the Tesla lol. It's easiest to get the third row kids in through the rear hatch when the second row is full of car seats.

There is a tilt function on the second row allowing access to third row even with a car seat but I also have a full second row seat cover preventing one seat from tilting while the others remain in place.
Thanks again. We can't get the 7 seat version in the UK currently but I'm confident the 5 seater version would be ideal. Now to decide on colour?🤔

Upvote 0
>> Thanks again. We can't get the 7 seat version in the UK currently but I'm confident the 5 seater version would be ideal.

@Class68driver I wonder if the Berlin factory will make the 7 version, and also make the RHD for the UK?

I was just watching this video, considering getting the 7 seats for the extra sitting capability ($3,000).
This picture at 6:20 can give you an idea of the space available.

Model Y 7 seats  .jpg

Upvote 0