Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 Chimes When Entering Vehicle

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
Occassionally, when I open the door (unlocked in garage with sentry off) I get three chimes before I enter the vehicle. No notification anywhere I can see. What might this be?

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
Thanks. I'll watch this, but my fob is in my jacket pocket by itself. While I have gained weight during Covid, getting into the car generally doesn't cause any pressure on this large pocket. :) The only other cars with so many occasional gremlins I have owned was BMWs. They had more wierd electrical gremlins than any car I have owned. This isn't a bad gremlin. Maybe it is just a welcome chime.

beatle

Aug 31, 2019
Springfield, VA
I found the opposite - I get three chimes when exiting the car in my garage sometimes. It started around the time I upgraded from MCU2. I don't think I've heard them on entry.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC