TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

3 day order confirmation?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by blake6551, Aug 7, 2017.

1. blake6551

blake6551 Member

Hey guys,

Was just looking at ordering an S and noticed the order confirmation window is 3 days. I thought it was always a week, as was my X from a few months ago.

Was this a recent change on the S?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

#2 boaterva, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Been there for a while, saw the same on my X. What's weird is, if you download the delivery document from My Tesla, it still has the one week language.

They really need someone in comms to read through things thoroughly. :)

(Love how whenever you complain about someone's typos/grammar/whatever, you make one yourself... :D)

3. Out4aDuck

Out4aDuck Member

For the 3-day confirmation, I believe they experimented on Canadians first. After they found it safe, they started using it on Americans.

• Like x 1
  4. blake6551

blake6551 Member

Ok. Yeah I just went and read the current X order agreement and it says 3 days in it now as well.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

In all seriousness, they may have had people complain, why are you waiting a week to start working on my car?!?!? :D