Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 days needed for annual service(3rd) at Scottsdale SVC??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done an annual service at Scottsdale recently? I had an appointment for today, but when I arrived, I was told they would need the car until Wednesday. My last two annual services were only 1 day and 2 days when extra work was done(replaced DU and windshield at the same time as 2nd annual). As a result, I had to reschedule to next week due to a planned trip this week.

Thoughts?

I just got my annual service there a week or so ago, but only took half a day (2nd service). I know Scottsdale has been slammed, but surprised on the length of time it would take to do the annual service. I am assuming with the 3rd that they go more in depth in the vehicle and checking systems and hardware.

I been giving them about one to two weeks ahead of any major trips.

Can't wait for the 40000sqft new facility they are building in Tempe. More convenient for us Chandlerites

Funny, my wife dropped off our Model S at Scottsdale Monday night, too. Tim just called me and said they wouldn't get to it until Wednesday. While I had Tim on the phone I asked about getting my Roadster in for annual service and it's looking like the week of 6/20 for that.

I think there are lots of new owners and Scottsdale SC seems to be busting at the seams. Tempe is sorely needed and let's be honest. They do no have the infrastructure locally yet for the Model III service, but they'll get there - eventually. I was actually around in the early days at the somewhat secretive hangar, but those seems to be distant memory. There will be growing pains unfortunately.

A little off topic - I don't know about anyone else, but the A/C in our Model S was overwhelmed with the 116-117 highs over the weekend. It was literally blowing hot air during the heat of the day, but able to cool at night. Unfortunately, I drove 50 miles in the Model S with no A/C Saturday afternoon and on Monday, my wife drove from work to the Scottsdale SC with no A/C. It was actually good timing for us to have annual service. I know it's hot, but this car needs to be able to tolerate this heat.

We're setup pretty well with the loaner, so no complaints on our end.

• Informative
Reactions: TaoJones
Thanks for the feedback. I can understand the increased workload in Scottsdale, but if scheduling an annual service requires a multi-day appointment, they should advise the owner when we call to make the appointment, not at the time we drop the car off! I don't think the 3rd annual service involves anything additional vs 1st and 2nd, but I'll know more this week. When the Tempe SVC is open, it will help relieve the load at Scottsdale and make it much easier for those of us in the SE valley, can't wait.

Funny, my wife dropped off our Model S at Scottsdale Monday night, too. Tim just called me and said they wouldn't get to it until Wednesday. While I had Tim on the phone I asked about getting my Roadster in for annual service and it's looking like the week of 6/20 for that.

I think there are lots of new owners and Scottsdale SC seems to be busting at the seams. Tempe is sorely needed and let's be honest. They do no have the infrastructure locally yet for the Model III service, but they'll get there - eventually. I was actually around in the early days at the somewhat secretive hangar, but those seems to be distant memory. There will be growing pains unfortunately.

A little off topic - I don't know about anyone else, but the A/C in our Model S was overwhelmed with the 116-117 highs over the weekend. It was literally blowing hot air during the heat of the day, but able to cool at night. Unfortunately, I drove 50 miles in the Model S with no A/C Saturday afternoon and on Monday, my wife drove from work to the Scottsdale SC with no A/C. It was actually good timing for us to have annual service. I know it's hot, but this car needs to be able to tolerate this heat.

We're setup pretty well with the loaner, so no complaints on our end.
May be something wrong with the compressor- mine has handled the last week perfectly. Cools down from interior temp of 111 to 75 in about 5-10 min.

Hello, I am in Chandler and just picked up a 2013 P85. I have an appointment Friday in Scottsdale to go through a couple things (vibration in rear, likely a tire issue and a couple minor things). If they need to do any service and keep for some time I will let you know. AC has been working fine for us, and do you have more details on the Tempe service location? That will be fabulous!

1st and 3rd services used to be minor relative to the 2nd and 4th services.

Now that the verbiage stipulates 12
months *or* 12,500 miles *whichever comes first*, along with the variable pricing introduced at the same time, perhaps there are more case by case dependencies.

They completed service on my car by mid-day Tuesday, so they didn't need it for 3 days after all. There were a lot of new cars in the front parking area waiting for delivery prep, so I think they wanted to be safe and under commit, and over achieve by getting it done sooner. Chris did a great job calling me with updates. Third annual service in 18 months and 40,000 miles!

Anybody using the Scottsdale SC know if they give loaners to Roadster owners?
Just moved out here in May..... Back in MD they limit Roadster owners by ModelS owners first and then Roadster owners if any loaners are left around...... Unless you own a ModelS also then it's a little easier to get one.

I ask the question because I live 130 miles away and it's a long walk without a loaner.