Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 issues with my P90D X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 3 minor issues with my X, taking it in next week but would be interested in feedback.

#1 - when I get up to 45 mph there is a loud vibration coming from somewhere in the back. It sounds almost exactly like back in the old days when a Motorola pager was on vibrate and sitting on a marble countertop.

#2 - when I open up the charging screen in the center console it's just a blank screen. I've rebooted by both methods (pressing both the temp+volume wheels and the other buttons above the wheels) and no luck. I have to use my phone, which works fine.

#3 - frunk frequently doesn't come unlatched, I have to do it three or four times.

Anyone else have these problems?

Trace

1. No. Do you have a motorized spoiler? That is the speed it would automatically adjust. Maybe the motor is stuck.
2. Yes but closing that screen and opening it again works
3. No, but have seen cases where it stopped opening altogether; fix was a new latch.

I do have a motorized spoiler. It does come up, not sure if it has more than one up position but that’s what I was also thinking.

You’re right about the charge screen, closing and reopening works.

Still loving the car, and AP1 works great for me as almost all of my driving is highway. There is no reason for me to ever upgrade until autopilot makes major strides.

The motorized spoiler goes down about half way at around 45mph. It then raises back up at around 20mph. So it could be that.
#3. I had the same problem. They adjusted my hood latch and didn't have to replace it. This was just 2 weeks ago, and it's been working fine.