Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3-month waiting anniversary and no end in sight. Anybody else like this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered July 10, 2018. Estimated delivery: Sept 18 - Nov 18.

Model 3 LR
MSM
AWD
Black
19 inch

No communication from Tesla save and except for the mass text message late September. Tried twice unsuccesfully to talk to Mtl SC delivery people. Waste of time. Voice-mail full. I ended up talking to Tesla US. Gave my Reservation Number. Response: Waiting for VIN matching and no idea when that will occur...

Starting to doubt that delivery will take place in Montreal within the initial estimated delivery period.

Thinking that Tesla is prioritizing those customers in the US whose tax credit will begin to phase out come January 2019.

Are you an early reservation holder and/or current Tesla owner? For comparison I ordered basically the same car as you, but in obsidian metallic black, and I ordered on June 30. I am a day one reservation holder from 2016 and a current Tesla model S owner. My car is not in my hands yet but is supposedly ready to ship.

Are you an early reservation holder and/or current Tesla owner? For comparison I ordered basically the same car as you, but in obsidian metallic black, and I ordered on June 30. I am a day one reservation holder from 2016 and a current Tesla model S owner. My car is not in my hands yet but is supposedly ready to ship.

Not previous owner / early reservation holder. With 4/5k weekly production of Model 3 in recent weeks, I don’t understand why it is taking this long to assign a VIN. There’s got a be an “available” car somewhere imatching my order.

Model 3 LR
MSM
AWD
Black
19 inch

No communication from Tesla save and except for the mass text message late September. Tried twice unsuccesfully to talk to Mtl SC delivery people. Waste of time. Voice-mail full. I ended up talking to Tesla US. Gave my Reservation Number. Response: Waiting for VIN matching and no idea when that will occur...

Starting to doubt that delivery will take place in Montreal within the initial estimated delivery period.

Thinking that Tesla is prioritizing those customers in the US whose tax credit will begin to phase out come January 2019.

Your estimated delivery is September to November. It's currently early/mid October. I know it's a long wait but you're still only halfway through your estimated delivery window. The AWD (non-P) cars had the longest wait time. My RWD took about 3 months from ordering to delivery (Day 1 reservation). The car will eventually get here and when it does, it will totally be worth it.

Your estimated delivery is September to November. It's currently early/mid October. I know it's a long wait but you're still only halfway through your estimated delivery window. The AWD (non-P) cars had the longest wait time. My RWD took about 3 months from ordering to delivery (Day 1 reservation). The car will eventually get here and when it does, it will totally be worth it.

Thanks for those kind words of wisdom. I am considering naming my car “Monica”, the Saint Patron of Patience in the Catholic church!!!

Thanks for those kind words of wisdom. I am considering naming my car “Monica”, the Saint Patron of Patience in the Catholic church!!!

The unbearable wait is almost a right of passage for Model 3 ownership. This forum is littered with posts from anxious soon-to-be owners. Hang in there and trust that the hype for the car is justified. In the meantime, if you haven't already, get your charging situation figured out, buy floor/trunk mats, winter tires, Tesla T-shirts, etc.

Model 3 LR
MSM
AWD
Black
19 inch

You WILL NOT hear anything from Tesla until you car is ready. The more you call, the more you email, the only thing that you do is require Tesla to hire more people to answer your queries with "I don't know"

Got the mass delivery email in Sept as well, phoned Tesla US yesterday to change to white seats and was kind of expecting my 3 already built, but it wasn’t. They must of sold a lot of 3 awd & p this summer. Tesla said my order change would be 1-2 week delay, is that really a delay when you’ve been waiting 31+ months? If I don’t receive the 3 by end of 2018 I will probably cancel and wait for updated 19 model x instead

Got the mass delivery email in Sept as well, phoned Tesla US yesterday to change to white seats and was kind of expecting my 3 already built, but it wasn’t. They must of sold a lot of 3 awd & p this summer. Tesla said my order change would be 1-2 week delay, is that really a delay when you’ve been waiting 31+ months? If I don’t receive the 3 by end of 2018 I will probably cancel and wait for updated 19 model x instead

Good idea, maybe the Fed's will step in with some Carbon Tax $ for rebates or tax credits.

The demand is high and supply is low. Just be glad the ramp up is successful and the cars keep flowing. Wait till the SR battery hits the order page and you'll see delivery times of 8-12 weeks.
Don't you think it will be the opposite? I think the SR version is going to see much higher demand, and I doubt they will make significant improvements to their logistics by the time they start producing SR (these things take time to build out...). Out of the 400k reservations they have (or whatever the number is) I believe a lot of them are international (not US/CAN), and SR. So if they have this much problems getting people cars now with the 'low volume' versions and in their backyard I think it will just get worse for the first few months of the SR rollout. Hope not, but that's my gut feeling.