Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 Months with my 75D Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone.

After spending 3 months now with my model S, using it around town and also on a few longer trips around the country I thought I'd share my thoughts

Positives:

- I love how it drives. It's not as refined as my previous car (A5 Sportback) but it is very competent around town and also on twisty B roads

- The power: Yes it is only a 75D, but flooring it absolutely wows anyone who is a passenger. It really feels like a fairground ride and makes me lust after a 100D Ludicrous or Plaid. Maybe one day

- The tech: I've been reading articles on how the current S is dated, especially to the new one, however for me it is still like a spaceship. Everyone who gets in is wowed by all the bits and bobs, and all the cool stuff found within the massive screen

- Autopilot: I have EAP at the moment, and I have to say, when it works it feels like magic, the future feels like it is around the corner.

Negatives:

- Quality: My exterior is fine, but the interior is miles behind Audi, VW or even a new Ford. Interested in how the new Model S catches up, but Tesla need to up their game here, especially as the likes of Mercedes and Audi are fast on their heels with their electric cars. I've already had a headlight replaced due to dimmed DTRL and while this was a nice experience under tesla app and the warranty, paying out over £1200 for a full HL unit stinks. You need a full unit even if a bulb goes pop. The guy fitting it said in the years he has been at Tesla he has only had to replace HL units due to the known DTRL issue, never seen an actual headlight bulb go.

- Autopilot: I said as a positive it is like magic when it works. Unfortunately when it doesn't it feels incredibly dangerous. I've had it slam on for no reason on the motorway with no vehicles around me (Shadow off a bridge). It is not much good around town, especially on British roads where people like to park on the pavement etc I think it's a bit of a pisstake that some people have forked out thousands for EAP or FSD over the years and only now is FSD coming online....and even then this is US only and even then it still doesn't fully work properly. I think this should be an account based option that Tesla owners can take from car to car. Based on my experience, I will never upgrade until it works to an acceptable level, and I think it is years off for the UK. I do find it a godsend however in motorway heavy traffic jams

- The Tech: For all the good bits of tech, they can't get the basics right. Autowipers - Slight drizzle, either nothing until i have to manually put them on, or they go on at super speeds. Heavy rain - nothing, have to manually put them on. They seem to work properly when they want to and not when they need to. I mean, if Musk thinks he's putting a robot into peoples houses when he cannot get autowipers to work properly is ridiculous. Also, a minor gripe, but please add more fart noises :D

Blowers: For some reason my windows will always steam up unless i have air con on. I rarely use Aircon in any vehicle previously, except in summer, but i cannot figure a way out of getting the blowers working how i want without putting AC on. Also, they come on automatically even in manual mode and after i have manually switched them off. Mind of their own

Summon: I want to love this but it is absolutely useless in the UK. I have to leave my key in the car in order to get it to work. Too intermittent without the key

Overall:

Despite my whining above, I think my Model S is the best car I've owned to date. I think money wise it is ridiculously expensive for the quality, but the overall driving experience, supercharger network (albeit a bit expensive) makes owning an electric vehicle far more practical than most will believe. I love the fact i can pop the supermarket or into town and get free charging (while i can). I know this for sure, I will never go back to Petrol or Diesel. And just even looking at manufactures like Hyundai and Kia, who have released 2 gorgeous cars with even more tech than the Teslas. The future is bright and can't wait to see what comes in the next few years.

Reactions: cezdoc
Hi Everyone.

After spending 3 months now with my model S, using it around town and also on a few longer trips around the country I thought I'd share my thoughts

Positives:

- I love how it drives. It's not as refined as my previous car (A5 Sportback) but it is very competent around town and also on twisty B roads

- The power: Yes it is only a 75D, but flooring it absolutely wows anyone who is a passenger. It really feels like a fairground ride and makes me lust after a 100D Ludicrous or Plaid. Maybe one day

- The tech: I've been reading articles on how the current S is dated, especially to the new one, however for me it is still like a spaceship. Everyone who gets in is wowed by all the bits and bobs, and all the cool stuff found within the massive screen

- Autopilot: I have EAP at the moment, and I have to say, when it works it feels like magic, the future feels like it is around the corner.

Negatives:

- Quality: My exterior is fine, but the interior is miles behind Audi, VW or even a new Ford. Interested in how the new Model S catches up, but Tesla need to up their game here, especially as the likes of Mercedes and Audi are fast on their heels with their electric cars. I've already had a headlight replaced due to dimmed DTRL and while this was a nice experience under tesla app and the warranty, paying out over £1200 for a full HL unit stinks. You need a full unit even if a bulb goes pop. The guy fitting it said in the years he has been at Tesla he has only had to replace HL units due to the known DTRL issue, never seen an actual headlight bulb go.

- Autopilot: I said as a positive it is like magic when it works. Unfortunately when it doesn't it feels incredibly dangerous. I've had it slam on for no reason on the motorway with no vehicles around me (Shadow off a bridge). It is not much good around town, especially on British roads where people like to park on the pavement etc I think it's a bit of a pisstake that some people have forked out thousands for EAP or FSD over the years and only now is FSD coming online....and even then this is US only and even then it still doesn't fully work properly. I think this should be an account based option that Tesla owners can take from car to car. Based on my experience, I will never upgrade until it works to an acceptable level, and I think it is years off for the UK. I do find it a godsend however in motorway heavy traffic jams

- The Tech: For all the good bits of tech, they can't get the basics right. Autowipers - Slight drizzle, either nothing until i have to manually put them on, or they go on at super speeds. Heavy rain - nothing, have to manually put them on. They seem to work properly when they want to and not when they need to. I mean, if Musk thinks he's putting a robot into peoples houses when he cannot get autowipers to work properly is ridiculous. Also, a minor gripe, but please add more fart noises :D

Blowers: For some reason my windows will always steam up unless i have air con on. I rarely use Aircon in any vehicle previously, except in summer, but i cannot figure a way out of getting the blowers working how i want without putting AC on. Also, they come on automatically even in manual mode and after i have manually switched them off. Mind of their own

Summon: I want to love this but it is absolutely useless in the UK. I have to leave my key in the car in order to get it to work. Too intermittent without the key

Overall:

Despite my whining above, I think my Model S is the best car I've owned to date. I think money wise it is ridiculously expensive for the quality, but the overall driving experience, supercharger network (albeit a bit expensive) makes owning an electric vehicle far more practical than most will believe. I love the fact i can pop the supermarket or into town and get free charging (while i can). I know this for sure, I will never go back to Petrol or Diesel. And just even looking at manufactures like Hyundai and Kia, who have released 2 gorgeous cars with even more tech than the Teslas. The future is bright and can't wait to see what comes in the next few years.
Welcome to Teslaworld ;)
in some of your text, you could be accused of plagiarism :p
a lot of us share your thoughts and experience across all models.
Tesla’s have the potential to be astonishing and we live in the hope that one day it will all just work!

Welcome to Teslaworld ;)
in some of your text, you could be accused of plagiarism :p
a lot of us share your thoughts and experience across all models.
Tesla’s have the potential to be astonishing and we live in the hope that one day it will all just work!

... or we'll all get caught up in a massive Class Action Lawsuit against the richest man in the Universe and we'll all be Millionaires... Rodney 😁

Win.. Win... 😁

I think in the Futures future... full self driving autonomous cars will be able to download an optional upgrade themselves mid-route... FHD V1.0 Beta

Full Human Drive will be used when FSD has accumilated too many traffic violation points, and a steering type device will be released like an airbag in front of the occupant... with notepad instructions to follow.

Not sure if this will ever get approval though?

Had my 75d model s for 8 month and already getting suspension issues! Leaking air bag and fore link snapping. 4 year old car with only 22k on it already have these types of issues! Sheeesssh! Might just sell! Have you experienced any issues with suspension? TIA

Had my 75d model s for 8 month and already getting suspension issues! Leaking air bag and fore link snapping. 4 year old car with only 22k on it already have these types of issues! Sheeesssh! Might just sell! Have you experienced any issues with suspension? TIA
Mines fine. Although based on your location at least you will still be getting good range compared to tesla owners in the UK IN winter.
I've booked mine in for minor paint correction. Detailing and ceramic coating in the new year. Can't wait 😁