Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 new DC Fast chargers in the County of Simcoe (non-KSI) Coming Soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

38A62EB5-878D-4D87-A198-52E13528FFA1.png
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations - Procurement Fleet and Property
The chargers should be online in 2 weeks, contrarily to what the County’s website says, which is that they are already live: no they are not. There is still a tarp covering all of them. Anyway, there haven’t been many KSI chargers in the recent times, might the Ontario govt. be changing their mind about them? If so, might they move on to the Greenlots network?

I was recently in contact with the project supervisor. He said that Washago is still undergoing testing and won't go live for another month or so. The Stayner charger is supposed to be operational now, but they are looking for someone to test it out to confirm it is working properly. If someone will be in the area, you can PM me and I can provide you with his contact info. I really hope that these stations operate at a full 50kw!

Are they trying to increase their lead as the EV charging capital of Canada? Tesla owners in the area are spoiled rotten with 28 SCs in two locations in Barrie with another site coming in Orillia in the near future.

Looks like the one that is installed is still 24kW from the few PlugShare reports and the pricing is not much better than KSI either. I wonder if Canada using 347/600V where most DCFC chargers are designed for 277/480V doesn't help (and remember that 50kW is not the end of road either).