Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 Performance - September Orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 Performance ordered 9/21/19

Currently in the dark about WHEN Fremont will switch back to domestic Model 3 Performance production.

Seems like so many variability. I know the October orders now say 8-10 weeks. And some people "lost" their Insurance ID box.

Any other September orders get better information? Trying to NOT extend my current lease another month.

I still have my insurance box. And "drafting up contract" still remains, along with my financing agreement.

I have gotten confirmation though that: 1. My order will be refunded $1000 to honor original price agreement, and 2. car will have 20' gray rims.

9/29 performance white/white ordered ..havent heard anything but my manage page looks just like you described.

Since performance is 8-10 weeks and all other cars are 6-10 weeks, Tesla could be out of some part that the Performance needs. Why else would they make their most profitable Model 3 harder to get?

but it’s only a 2 week difference, so it must not be very much out of stock.

Im in Montreal, Qc and i ordered a white performance with black int. on the 17/09 i still dont have a VIN and my manage page tells shows me the silver wheels and original price. I still have the 2 week from order date...my SA called me last week to tell me that my car will most likely be ready end of november.

9/25: M3P+ Midnight Silver/White with FSD.

I think they're building the North American AWD models right now based on the sheet updates. Who knows if SR+ or Performance will be next. Based on the new delivery estimates that jonquiljo mentioned above, it seems safe to say we will be after the SR+.

But then again, you just never know with how little information we are able to get our hands on.

Just got a call from my SA. I ordered a Pearl White/White Interior P3D on 10/14 (I know it's not Sept, but it might help with people's expectations?) without FSD and he's expecting it to be around the first week of December. He said there might be a possibility of it being earlier, but to expect it closer to early Dec.

This is starting to get quite frustrating.
There have been NO performance production for over a month now. and not ONE word or update from Tesla.
My lease is running out, and I had delayed ordering per their suggestion to make it time up well.

Does anybody know anything about domestic Performance production? I order on September 21!!!

Based on what the website has said the last couple of weeks ; Telsa is saying performance won't be made until after SR and AWD models (website for a couple of weeks shows a longer wait time for P than the other models).
Bad on Telsa for not being clear on this earlier when you ordered or providing a realistic schedule but they batch produce everything so when you order doesn't matter much.
Early to mid Dec still sounds like the answer to me of when you should expect delivery.

Based on what the website has said the last couple of weeks ; Telsa is saying performance won't be made until after SR and AWD models (website for a couple of weeks shows a longer wait time for P than the other models).
Bad on Telsa for not being clear on this earlier when you ordered or providing a realistic schedule but they batch produce everything so when you order doesn't matter much.
Early to mid Dec still sounds like the answer to me of when you should expect delivery.
Yeah "bad on Tesla" is an understatement. Keep the customer, who is already financed, in the dark. Let the rumors fly.
It's incredible to me HOW you can have 2-3 weeks listed on an order...and then change that to 8-10 weeks.

They should have finished the orders they promised and then began their changes in schedule and timetable.

Lots of empty promises. If I didn't know so many people who love this car more than anything else they owned, I'd start thinking about walking away.

Communication is definitely not their strong suit.
When you ordered in Sept did they offer you any inventory cars in a different color? Or were no performance models in inventory then?

Most who ordered when you did got matched to a car, same or similar in 2 weeks or less so they could get them into one for end of Q3.
Tesla really only thinks quarterly, so if you miss Q3 their next delivery date is by end of Q4.
It makes sense for their business model with batch processing and needing to get cars for markets require boat transit made in the early part of each quarter and leaving the NA market until the 2nd half of the quarter.
Now why the website end of Sept and half of Oct read 2 week delivery? ; that there is no excuse for.
I am sure they have lost some orders due to cancellations caused by their own lack of transparency.
Yes the car is worth it so I would stick it out.

Where do these cars pop up from?!! As of last week, there were no white/white Performance in inventory! With 25 miles only, I would find it hard to believe that they are "returned" cars. At this point, just give me my damn 2020 new car from the factory.

Nor will I pay the 2k or so to ship the car to the east coast to accommodate for Tesla.

Where do these cars pop up from?!! As of last week, there were no white/white Performance in inventory! With 25 miles only, I would find it hard to believe that they are "returned" cars. At this point, just give me my damn 2020 new car from the factory.

Nor will I pay the 2k or so to ship the car to the east coast to accommodate for Tesla.
My guess is they are cars that people backed out of purchasing.