Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 Phase plug in Sydney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys. I am taking the family up to Dubbo over Easter in wifey's Model X. Camping at the Zoo...

This time next year we'll be supercharging in Dubbo, but for now I will need to charge at the Showgrounds. I have a 3 Phase (32A) plug, and the euro 5 pin tail for the UMC. Assuming there is not some huge Easter show making the grounds inaccessible, I think I should be ok. But, I have never used the 3 phase rig and would like to test it out to see that it is all working. Does anyone know anywhere in Sydney (East preferably) where I can plug in to a public 3 phase point to test it?

Just thought I'd toot my trumpet, I was the first to 3phase charge in Dubbo and put it on PlugShare :)
Since then there are now 2 motels with destination chargers in Dubbo, which will probably be a lot more convenient for you!

Tks for dropping the PlugShare info. As to the desination chargers, I’m aware. But, not staying at either place and they’re listed as “for customers only”. Plus, there is more adventure in going to the show grounds!

Tks for dropping the PlugShare info. As to the desination chargers, I’m aware. But, not staying at either place and they’re listed as “for customers only”. Plus, there is more adventure in going to the show grounds!
Yes, it's definitely an adventure.
There are about 20 meter boxes in the showground, but not all of them deliver full speed. You might need to try a few before you get a good one.
There's also a small possibility that when you call the groundskeeper might refuse permission! Totally up to him, and no agreement in place.

Just a heads up for anyone going to Dubbo. I spoke to the groundskeeper and all of the panels at the showgrounds are offline (apparently some are faulty and dangerous). So, no 3 phase available in Dubbo atm (as at 28 March). Back to the drawing board...

Just a heads up for anyone going to Dubbo. I spoke to the groundskeeper and all of the panels at the showgrounds are offline (apparently some are faulty and dangerous). So, no 3 phase available in Dubbo atm (as at 28 March). Back to the drawing board...
It's always worth asking at Destination Charging locations even if you're not a patron. Many will be happy for you to charge, possibly for a small fee.